Sign in to follow this  
cloud77

Re XXX v3 motor

I've acquired an RE xxx v3 with the xbl^2 technology I think its a 2005 version. I have just ordered a recone from Fi along with a 15" 12 spoke basket to get some work done in the trunk.

I was thinking of putting this 15" driver into a 3.23 cu ft sealed enclosure. but I'm open to ported, displacement on this thing is like .23 cu ft. I am running a mmats d300hc (no subsonic, eq, boost, exc.) and it pushed an Fi Q to the max. in my previous setup. I do not doubt its power and capabilities of the amps control for this set up.

I am very impressed with the Qs ability to get loud while sounding oh so sexay both sealed and ported. Has anyone ran these drirvers in the past and want to share?

Car is a 2004 pontiac gp, haven't felt the need to sound proof, so I don't feel the need to increase power as of yet. I also have a mmats d2000.1 that I am not using in this setup.

I will try and post a build log to an extent but can anyone input on a recomended enclosure size for this driver, maybe use polyfill on this sealed enclosure?

Enclosure Recommendations 12" Compact Optimal Sealed: 0.85 1.1 Ported: 1.7@35Hz 2.2@34Hz 15" Compact Optimal Sealed: 1.6 2.1 Ported: 3.2@35Hz 4.0@33Hz 18" Compact Optimal Sealed: 3.3 4.0 Ported: 6.0@35Hz 9.0@34Hz

Enclosure Recommendations 12" Compact Optimal Sealed: 0.85 1.1 Ported: 1.7@35Hz 2.2@34Hz 15" Compact Optimal Sealed: 1.6 2.1 Ported: 3.2@35Hz 4.0@33Hz 18" Compact Optimal Sealed: 3.3 4.0 Ported: 6.0@35Hz 9.0@34Hz

These specs are for a different driver. The one I have is the last of its kind made in 2005. This is for the new driver with a split coil design.