Sign in to follow this  
dbsupra

My first time on the meter

First thanks to Shizzzon for helping me and supplying the meter.

I wanted to test it as it sits. We didn't do any testing with positions, change amp gain, etc.

Everything is set pretty low as of now due to partially my electrical and me starting on the conservative side until I get a better feel of it. Noone makes an alternator for my truck so I will have to do a custom bracket to mount one.

Enclosure is a 8.5 cf3 tuned to 29hz or so with a 18 Fi Q on a sundown 2000d. It is in no way built for numbers, just wanted to see where it is to start with. We played with some tones to find the peaks and went from there.

Enough jabber here is what we found.

Sealed on the dash 142.7 at 31hz

Driver door open on the dash 143.3 at 32hz

Sealed in the kick 142.4hz at 29hz and 142.5 at 41hz

Driver door open in the kick 143.8 at 31hz and 144.6 at 48hz

Avg on music

27hz 139.4

31hz 140.8

39hz 142.1

Overall I'm pretty happy. I'm sure that is more in it, but for first testing I was hoping for over a 40 at or around 30hz and peak at 145 or better. I made the first one even higher than I expected and almost made my 2nd goal. Not bad for what it is I think and sounds good on music.

It's only up from here. Something wicked this way comes.

Edited by dbsupra

nice numbers!!!

nice job!

I bet it sounds awesome, good job

Thanks guys!

I was most happy about how the low 30's high 20's weren't far off from the mid to high 40's. I guess I did well planning the enclosure since that was what the goal was. For future I'd like to have the same response so hope it goes as well and it wasn't just luck. I may play around with the gain a little but at the same time my side windows were pretty unhappy at anything in the high 30's and up.

Swift- I made some new songs I'd like for you to try but not sure how to get them to you. Email maybe?

go to www.box.net and register for free.

You can upload a LOT of data for free as long as they are less than 20mb per file.

Just upload them, send him the master share link to the folder then delete them if need-be.

Man I would be happy as hell with those numbers!

Good job on design!

Also, if you do post up those for swift, hmu too!

Always in to some new tunes!

i havent made any new music since your's chop and probably no time for quite some time

Just created a box account. Thanks for the suggestion.

I just pm'd chop and swift the info. Let me know what you think.

Thanks guys!

Someone was asking so I thought id explain if it was a little unclear.

The last set of 3 numbers was averaging on music bass boxing style using songs that peaked at the frequency I listed. It wasnt peak hold "burping" with music.

Well after a sub swap Sean and I metered again.

I had to change the bracing due to the depth of the motor. It displaces a little more and raised tuning a smidge. Havent ran the numbers yet.

Since I'm just running 1 it is currently wired at .5 ohm.

I know on music it is louder and my windshield flexes a lot more along with my entire steering column now.

My peak score doesnt show much though. Measuring meca style at the headrest my peak score was 144.4 at 38hz. The good news is from 30hz to 40hz only deviates .4 db. From 30 to 37hz only deviates .1 db

Well after a sub swap Sean and I metered again.

I had to change the bracing due to the depth of the motor. It displaces a little more and raised tuning a smidge. Havent ran the numbers yet.

Since I'm just running 1 it is currently wired at .5 ohm.

I know on music it is louder and my windshield flexes a lot more along with my entire steering column now.

My peak score doesnt show much though. Measuring meca style at the headrest my peak score was 144.4 at 38hz. The good news is from 30hz to 40hz only deviates .4 db. From 30 to 37hz only deviates .1 db

:)

Yes, the consistency is unbelievable.  I have never seen anything so damn perfect.. 

I just ran the numbers.

Currently at 7.95 cubes at 30hz

Overall it does better numbers and wicked flat in the range I listen to.  Not that it was peaky before, but it's even better now.  Didn't have time to do sealed on the dash again.  Would like to have compared those numbers.  Also didn't get a chance to play with the seats or any little trickery like that.  Thinking about maybe sealing around the enclosure but since it is just temporary I don't know that I will.

Next step is get the electrical in order.  More batteries and gonna have to come up with a custom alternator setup.  Sean thinks my numbers will improve if I can maintain voltage.  Although clamping on a 30hz tone I was pulling 240 amps on a 2k amp lol.  It is much lower peak on music however.  I was beating on it pretty hard.