I would like some input on building an enclosure for 2 ZCON 15D2's. The max cubes available for the box is 7(3.5 per sub) after displacements. I want to tune at 31hz. I have seen the recommendations SSA's site for enclosures but would like to have some outside information on how well these will do in 7 cubes . They will be running off a SAZ3500 at .5ohms. Thanks.

bigger the better,

3.5-4 cubes each would be ideal.

I guess the recomendations confuse me a little. I don't understand how much of a difference it will make from ported recomendations compared to ported optimal. If you think 3.5 will do it well I think I might give it a go though.

you would be surprised,ill stand by the bigger the better

the nice thing about having a huge box is that your need for huge power goes down,

the smaller the box the more power you will need generally

hows does it play in 4.7 cubes now?

i have a pair in less then 6 cubes after displacement, and they dont like in IMO.

Gets down. That's why I'm worried about going smaller. You hit a 152 with this box right? What power did you have running to it?

Gets down. That's why I'm worried about going smaller. You hit a 152 with this box right? What power did you have running to it?

151.7 is my burp peak with the Zcons, i have a NS-1 @ .35 ohms. .... i never clamped.. so im not sure on exactly how much power they are seeing,

152.5 was with the sundown nightshades,

Zcons forsure like bigger boxes. My first box for my 15 was 3.5 and I did 141.?? Then put it in 4.4 and did a 143 and last was a 4th with 4.5/2.2 and did 145.6 but my last one I ported through rear deck. All with same amp. I would try to squeeze as much room as possible

I know if I could squeeze out 4 per sub I would run it. Need to measure some more. If any one knows how to properly measure a trunk opening to see how big of a box you can fit into it let me know. Thanks for the input.

I know if I could squeeze out 4 per sub I would run it. Need to measure some more. If any one knows how to properly measure a trunk opening to see how big of a box you can fit into it let me know. Thanks for the input.

Why don't you build it inside the trunk. That's what I had to do.... I'm getting close to 10 cubes for my next build cause of doing that

musicly... well .. they are peaky in my car... maybe even more so because the size of my box, they play high, and hard, they sound good, i like the lows so i cant honestly say i love the way they sound.

the Zcons fuckin LOVE a 4th order.

I would also say the bigger the better, unless you are running twice rms.

No one is going to tell you what is best, simply because of each vehicle having different characteristics. I would just stick with the guidelines provided. They are there for a reason.

My z loves it big running 8.02 cubes after port and sub displacement.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By Blackink
      Getting rid of all my car audio equipment. Prefer to sell the big subs and amps locally in southern California, but I'll ship. Up for grabs:
      P.S. Also giving away for free 50sq ft of RAAM BXT II sound deadener ($175), 15ft of KnuKonceptz 4 gauge ($15), 13ft of Trystar 1/0 gauge ($25) to buyers while supplies last.
      ***(2) BNIB SOUND SOLUTIONS AUDIO SSA ZCON 15" 2250 RMS D1*** These are top of the line daily driver/competition subs. Never been used or plugged in and in original packaging. $375 each shipped.

***(2) DC AUDIO LEVEL 4 XL 15" 2000 RMS D1*** Beastly sub with clear lows and clean sound, great as a daily beater. Ran for only a year on upgraded electrical- ho alt, 2 batts, big 3. $275 each shipped.

***AUDIOPIPE AP30001D SUPER VALUE CLASS D MONOBLOCK*** Used for a year on an upgraded electrical system with a 275 amp alt, 2 batts, and big 3 pushing a pair of DC Level 4 XL 15" subs. $190 shipped.

***ATOMIC AT-5000.1D MASSIVE POWER CLASS D MONOBLOCK*** Underrated and stable at 1 ohm and can be used at .5 for music. Will burp at .25 ohm and heard people burping from .135 ohm. Beastly amps. $575 shipped.

***JL AUDIO HD600/4 SEXY 4-CHANNEL*** Bought in very good condition  to use with an sq system that I never installed so they've been sitting around. $400 shipped.

• By ManzKea
      Hey guys manzkea back at it again! Lol. Finally got some equipment in. Excited to finally get this project I’ve had in mind for a while rolling . Gonna attempt a blow through in my single cab 2001 ford ranger long bed. Gonna make pods for the doors to house the 6.5s and replace the stock one with a 6.5 or if possible an 8” driver. All powered off the ssa ic150.4.  As for subs I’ll be using a 15” sp4 v2 I got from a friend for a deal. A taramps 5k will be used to push it.
      Unfortunately the evil mids I wanted was unavailable in 4ohms. So I went with these prvs.

Well I’ll I’ll be updating this as I get it going. Possibly next week or so, really busy with work at the moment. Well here’s a pic of some goodies the mail man dropped off.  Cheee. 

Btw got something extra special in those two ssa looking boxes behind the ranger gear. But that’s on the back burner at the moment. 

• By mikebingham34
      Hello all, I have been away from the forums for some time since graduating college and started working again. Now that I have some money to finally move away from these seemingly low powered setups (6 systems since 2012), I am looking for help with my wall build. I am going to be building the base to the wall in my 2016 Ford Focus sedan in a week or two, and there is a lot of room to work with (over 30 cubes). I will be running 2 18" ZCONs on (undecided) either a 5.5k or 6.5k amp with supporting electrical (batt bank, lots of OFC wire, and HO alt). This is my daily, and I just want a ground pounder with no care to what numbers it'll put up in the lanes. I would like to demo a lot. I'm thinking 8 cubes per sub (16 cubes net) tuned to 32 Hz is a good place to start (recommended by SSA). I'm thinking either a center slot port, or a top port.
      ** I listen to ALL kinds of music, Decaf/DJSNT, rap, hip hop, metal, rock, 80s/90s pop, jazz, country, movie scores, blues, dubstep/electronic, classic rock, oldies, etc, etc..**
      Now... my questions are: How much port area do y'all recommend? Is 8 cubes of net volume per sub a good amount? Should I be alright running an underrated 5500 watt amp, or go with the 6500? What port orientation shall I go with? 
      If I think of more questions, I will be sure to post them. 
      P.S. Sorry if I am asking some questions that are common knowledge among these builds, but this is my first "loud" and "high powered" setup. My two loudest systems thus far have been a single Obsidian Audio 15 on about 900 watts, and 2 Sundown Ev3-12's on 1300 watts.
      Thank you for your time and patients everyone! Cheers.
  • Recent YouTube Posts