I would like some input on building an enclosure for 2 ZCON 15D2's. The max cubes available for the box is 7(3.5 per sub) after displacements. I want to tune at 31hz. I have seen the recommendations SSA's site for enclosures but would like to have some outside information on how well these will do in 7 cubes . They will be running off a SAZ3500 at .5ohms. Thanks.

bigger the better,

3.5-4 cubes each would be ideal.

I guess the recomendations confuse me a little. I don't understand how much of a difference it will make from ported recomendations compared to ported optimal. If you think 3.5 will do it well I think I might give it a go though.

you would be surprised,ill stand by the bigger the better

the nice thing about having a huge box is that your need for huge power goes down,

the smaller the box the more power you will need generally

hows does it play in 4.7 cubes now?

i have a pair in less then 6 cubes after displacement, and they dont like in IMO.

Gets down. That's why I'm worried about going smaller. You hit a 152 with this box right? What power did you have running to it?

Gets down. That's why I'm worried about going smaller. You hit a 152 with this box right? What power did you have running to it?

151.7 is my burp peak with the Zcons, i have a NS-1 @ .35 ohms. .... i never clamped.. so im not sure on exactly how much power they are seeing,

152.5 was with the sundown nightshades,

Zcons forsure like bigger boxes. My first box for my 15 was 3.5 and I did 141.?? Then put it in 4.4 and did a 143 and last was a 4th with 4.5/2.2 and did 145.6 but my last one I ported through rear deck. All with same amp. I would try to squeeze as much room as possible

I know if I could squeeze out 4 per sub I would run it. Need to measure some more. If any one knows how to properly measure a trunk opening to see how big of a box you can fit into it let me know. Thanks for the input.

I know if I could squeeze out 4 per sub I would run it. Need to measure some more. If any one knows how to properly measure a trunk opening to see how big of a box you can fit into it let me know. Thanks for the input.

Why don't you build it inside the trunk. That's what I had to do.... I'm getting close to 10 cubes for my next build cause of doing that

musicly... well .. they are peaky in my car... maybe even more so because the size of my box, they play high, and hard, they sound good, i like the lows so i cant honestly say i love the way they sound.

the Zcons fuckin LOVE a 4th order.

I would also say the bigger the better, unless you are running twice rms.

No one is going to tell you what is best, simply because of each vehicle having different characteristics. I would just stick with the guidelines provided. They are there for a reason.

My z loves it big running 8.02 cubes after port and sub displacement.