Sign in to follow this  
fibl472

Amp?

im getting an amp for my n2 btl 15's. ill have 2 of them fully loaded and was wondering if the crescendo audio BC5500D would be too much for these subs.

any help is great thanks?

sounds like a perfect match.

I'm also thinking of running this amp on my 18's n2 does it do rated @ 12volts

Crescendo amps are rated at 13.8v.

You really don't need that much power for the btls if it's for daily though.

yeah, its just for daily bumping, so should i bump down to a BC3500D then?

i just wanna be sure i dont over power the sub and blow it.

is there a different amp thats gets just over 4000 watts for a good price?

i have a 220 watt alternator with a big 3 upgrade, just waiting on the 2 15's.

You won't hear 3500 to 5500. Go with the 3500 and you can use the cash saved towards the box which will really matter.

but will they pound less?, because they are a bit under powered?

and yeah, im having a local shop make a custom box to fit my trunk + tune and fix it to all of the specification for the 2 subs vented. its a nice feature for only 200 carpeted box.

I would say 2k to each sub in the right enclosure would take care of those in the right enclosure.

You won't hear any difference between 3500 rms and 5500rms. You need to at least double the power to get a 3db gain and that's only a slight audible gain.

I have 2 SSA zcons off 2 crescendo bc2000s. I don't need 5k+ on them. Will our subs take it? Yes but they don't need it.

A crescendo bc3500 will be plenty for them daily. Just make sure the box is good. That's more important than the amount of power you put on them.

Do the bc3500 @ .5 ohm & you'll get 4kw+ on good electrical easy, which is plenty for those subs.

mmats m4000.

You mean the hd4000 that's what I'm currently running on my fully loaded 12n2 very strong amp.

Do the bc3500 @ .5 ohm & you'll get 4kw+ on good electrical easy, which is plenty for those subs.

It's for daily. He doesnt need to put the extra strain on his equipment for the extra 500 rms that he wont even hear. Keep it at 1 ohm.

mmats m4000.
You mean the hd4000 that's what I'm currently running on my fully loaded 12n2 very strong amp.

nice, yeah thats what I meant. I am still running an old school d300hc <3 it

Do the bc3500 @ .5 ohm & you'll get 4kw+ on good electrical easy, which is plenty for those siubs.

It's for daily. He doesnt need to put the extra strain on his equipment for the extra 500 rms that he wont even hear. Keep it at 1 ohm.

Oooh. I guess I missed it was for daily. I run my bc3500's & my bc2000 @ .5 daily. Never a problem. Guess that's just me tho.

Running 1 ohm would definitely be easier on the electrical & make it not as "hungry."

Edited by DreDay256

Sign in to follow this