rassiter18

what fi sub for me.

I know very little about fi audio, pretty much been a JL user. I want to switch to fi because I want to support a local company. I have about 800-1k budget for sub and amp for this build. I want a single woofer and don't care if its a 10 or 12. The sub will be mounted in acustom sealed fiberglass box. I listen to rock mostly. I like my bass to be punchy. I dont want the bass to drown out my comps. As for my set up I have rainbow germs. And a 2 chan sundown amp. Its all going in my evo x.

I bet a nice Q with a crescendo b2k would sound great for sure.

Look into Qs and BLs. Qs sound amazing in sealed enclosures and sounds like that would be the perfect setup for your taste. look onto their forum link on here and you will find more info on this subwoofer, and they also provide cut sheets and box recommendations.

they also provide cut sheets

for a fiberglass box, when did they start doin' that? huh.png

they also provide cut sheets
for a fiberglass box, when did they start doin' that? huh.png

I was trying to stress the fact that you can make this information useful in comparison to the enclosure you already have/going to build. Sorry for that.

Man come on, how you gonna recommend a nice SQ based sub to pair with an amp like that?

Man come on, how you gonna recommend a nice SQ based sub to pair with an amp like that?

agreed, you'd be in the ballpark of a BL in that case. It doesnt take much power to get Qs moving and sounding good.

I was thinking about Q12, not sure on options. And the new sundown 1200w. I am looking for balance.

Are you assuming they'd be wired down to 1 ohm?

Yup.

Like i said, why not go IB?

why are you so dead set on a IB... perhaps explaining why you say IB would help.

The Q sounds like a good fit. The Sundown amp would be a good choice as well.

Yup. Like i said, why not go IB?
why are you so dead set on a IB... perhaps explaining why you say IB would help.

Prefer them over sealed for sq applications.

Seems like space is a concern(sealed box), so why not go IB?

My last car I used a 12w7 and 1000/1, it was a bit overpowered for my taste. So I was thinking 700w and the Q might be a little less powerful then my previous setup. Let me know what yall think

Edited by rassiter18

My last car I used a 12w7 and 1000/1, it was a bit overpowered for my taste. So I was thinking 700w and the Q might be a little less powerful then my previous setup. Let me know what yall think

Whatever amp you buy will have a gain knob. If it is too loud turn the gain down a bit, it is as simple as that. Was the w7 ported or sealed?

Ported down fire

The Q sealed will not be as loud as a ported W7.

Would the sundown 1200d at 700w at 2ohms be enough for the Q12

200w will easily overpower the midbass of your fronts...of course I don't think you'd care.

My midbass is getting 150w per side. As far as how muc of that the midbass is getting after the crossover I don't know. The little lightbulb in the crossover seems to burn off any thing that is to high for the speaker/tweet

What about the new X? I hear they're great in sealed boxes?

Q> w7 > X