Sign in to follow this  
yfz04450

15 to 18

Yes. Obviously you would need a recone too.

Those baskets are pretty pricey though.

How much and i figured a recone was needed

I don't know what they would charge. Email sales"at"ficaraudio.com and ask.

Yes, it can be done, I would assume the basket about 100-130$ plus the recone which can be about the same price.

How come your switching it up to an 18? What vehicle is it going to be in?

you honestly wont see a huge diffrance between the 15 and the 18... not really worth all the money.

Ok just making sure the 18 would fit properly. Are you ttrying to get more output?

ill explain more.. you would have more luck gaining output by making a optaiml box.. im talking tonsof air space, kurfed port smooth cornors and so forth.. the right box makes ALL the diffrance,.

you can put the best sub in the world in a shit box and get shitty results..... same token you can put a bullshit sub in a optial box and yeild shocking results... lucky for you FI publishes accurate specs and building a perfect box is easy biggrin.png

but hey... what the fuck do i know biggrin.png

Edited by bigjon

This^^ I mean hell by the time you get done you could almost buy another 15.

I didnt realize the price was gonna be that much. Its in a 3.75 cu port box now. I believe its tuned to 35hz is what the kid told me.

I didnt realize the price was gonna be that much. Its in a 3.75 cu port box now. I believe its tuned to 35hz is what the kid told me.

Do you have a picture of it?

I would say bigger and/or better enclosure will get you more output than going to an 18... but you really should just try to find a good deal on another 15 and get a lot louder :)

what kinda power do you have on tap.

brand and model please, along with a list of electrial back bone please :D

what kinda power do you have on tap.

brand and model please, along with a list of electrial back bone please biggrin.png

Oh hell yeah! bigjons's going to get to the bottom of this!

Ive got a 200 amp alt. 0 gauge wire. Big 3. Sundown 2500.1. 2 kinetic 800. My volts dont drop below 12. How do you post pics

Ive got a 200 amp alt. 0 gauge wire. Big 3. Sundown 2500.1. 2 kinetic 800. My volts dont drop below 12. How do you post pics

Easiest way, is to download the photobutcket app. Upload the picture. then from there, click on the picture via photobucket, and you want to use the direct link. You will paste that in the "image" icon.

2013-02-02_18-41-39_921.jpg

ive still got to do some wiring it was just thrown in for now till we get a little warm weather

Sign in to follow this