probillygun

Beware! Skar Audio poor customer service

I bought 2 15" VVX subs in 2011 and even had Skar build me a custom box for them and I'm very happy with it and still am today.

However, I have another project I'm designing a build for and have emailed Skar audio (Kevin) direct, and Skar audio support after I got an email saying they try to respond within 2 hours of getting an email. Well, I sent 2 more emails over the last 7 days and called 3 times and left messages on their phone number about getting specs for subs and advice on my application/build. STILL NO RESPONSE!

Once a fan boy, and now disgusted with this pathetic lack of support, I no longer will be buying new skar audio products since they don't put the customer first or want to help me. It's really a shame to, cause I belive in their products.

So, just a warning to current and potential customers, dont expect any support from them via email or phone.

Edited by probillygun

Bill glad to see you hear. This is classic Kevin. I did warn Greg that something like this might happen.

This build you talk of is the FJ, correct?

not a surprise,

Can't say that I'm surprised either...

I bought 2 15" VVX subs in 2011 and even had Skar build me a custom box for them and I'm very happy with it and still am today. However, I have another project I'm designing a build for and have emailed Skar audio (Kevin) direct, and Skar audio support after I got an email saying they try to respond within 2 hours of getting an email. Well, I sent 2 more emails over the last 7 days and called 3 times and left messages on their phone number about getting specs for subs and advice on my application/build. STILL NO RESPONSE! Once a fan boy, and now disgusted with this pathetic lack of support, I no longer will be buying new skar audio products since they don't put the customer first or want to help me. It's really a shame to, cause I belive in their products. So, just a warning to current and potential customers, dont expect any support from them via email or phone.

That ^ right there would yeild, either no response or a run around, and even if you get it, you can't trust that it's true.

Typical Skar !

Bill glad to see you hear. This is classic Kevin. I did warn Greg that something like this might happen. This build you talk of is the FJ, correct?

Yes, correct.

I don't know whats going on with Skar Audio, but if this is how they are going to support or lack thereof, days for them are numbered. Sad.

Well not many people here like skar lol. But shit happens. honestly seems like a pointless post...

thought specs were posted up online?

Edited by armykyle1

Well not many people here like skar lol. But shit happens. honestly seems like a pointless post... thought specs were posted up online?

I don't know if it is pointless. Bill just wants Kevin to do what he says he is going to do. Bill gave Kevin a chance and wants to do another build with skar products, but when Bill ask for technical info he feels he is being ignored.

Well not many people here like skar lol. But shit happens. honestly seems like a pointless post... thought specs were posted up online?

Well not many people like skar else where either lol... and it's well known why, however it does have it's fan base.

I am totally unbiased when it comes to this stuff..

But i can tell you that you can assume because of shady support that hecompany won't last long.. Well, sadly, advertising will outlast what a company is actually capable of so you can sell the worst product possible but with proper advertising, it doesn't matter.

I can give MANY examples of this technique.

But in reality to the point of this topic, because Skar is probably a 1 person company, do not be surprised that this will happen.

One thing i do not understand with small business like this is if you are going to be busy or absent for a while, at least let the public know beforehand.

Now, if he is physically incapable of communication then that's different unless you see him lurking elsewhere, hehe.

I don't know if it is pointless. Bill just wants Kevin to do what he says he is going to do. Bill gave Kevin a chance and wants to do another build with skar products, but when Bill ask for technical info he feels he is being ignored.

I hear ya.

Side note, you should email Jacob for tech info on skar drivers ;)

I hear ya. Side note, you should email Jacob for tech info on skar drivers ;)/>

Lol, i've pulled out my crescendo manuals before to help people with wiring diagrams for their sundown amps.

Pointless post? Read the title; "Beware! Skar Audio poor customer service"

I posted this because had I known what I metioned earlier, I never would have purchased Skar product from the beginning. The point is to warn current and potential future customers what to expect when trying to contact them for support.

NO RESPONSE!

I wish I had seen a post like mine before I bought Skar audio because I would have stayed away from it. I did get lucky though and like my VVX15s and the way they sound. I just hope they never need service work done cause they likely will be throw aways now with no one answering the phone and not even Email support from Skar audio.

BTW yes some specs are posted on the website but the full T/S paramers specs on the website are incomplete, which is why I was trying to contact them in the first place.

kevin posted the new baskets on face book.... and i comented " wow.. i bet of sundown started putting cock on there subs so would skar" ..... it got deleted

but its true... what ever jacob does shit head just back doors his ideas.

Pointless post? Read the title; "Beware! Skar Audio poor customer service" I posted this because had I known what I metioned earlier, I never would have purchased Skar product from the beginning. The point is to warn current and potential future customers what to expect when trying to contact them for support. NO RESPONSE! I wish I had seen a post like mine before I bought Skar audio because I would have stayed away from it. I did get lucky though and like my VVX15s and the way they sound. I just hope they never need service work done cause they likely will be throw aways now with no one answering the phone and not even Email support from Skar audio. BTW yes some specs are posted on the website but the full T/S paramers specs on the website are incomplete, which is why I was trying to contact them in the first place.

Don't get all bent man.

Not every company posts or releases TSP's.

Pointless post? Read the title; "Beware! Skar Audio poor customer service" I posted this because had I known what I metioned earlier, I never would have purchased Skar product from the beginning. The point is to warn current and potential future customers what to expect when trying to contact them for support. NO RESPONSE! I wish I had seen a post like mine before I bought Skar audio because I would have stayed away from it. I did get lucky though and like my VVX15s and the way they sound. I just hope they never need service work done cause they likely will be throw aways now with no one answering the phone and not even Email support from Skar audio. BTW yes some specs are posted on the website but the full T/S paramers specs on the website are incomplete, which is why I was trying to contact them in the first place.

Don't get all bent man.

Not every company posts or releases TSP's.

The concern shown by many is the incorrect specs or the lack of response when asking about them. It is pretty vital for an online DIY leaning company. It makes it difficult for me too, as I am unable to answer basic questions on some products we sell because the information is not provided or is incorrect.

Hey Aaron, how come there is a skar section if he has sketchy business practices and posts useless incorrect info?

Well, i'm not Aaron but even though past history is past history, since the vendor section has been created, there, to my knowledge, hasn't been multiple scenarios where there was no resolution to problems or extreme delays in situations.

Remember when DC Power was here? One guy waited for 2yrs for a custom project..

Both sides of the story hasn't even been told yet..

You must be unbiased for all situations regardless of your opinion of one company to another.

Hey Aaron, how come there is a skar section if he has sketchy business practices and posts useless incorrect info?

Very good question, that is being addressed. There is another issue that I cannot state publicly as it is not on our website, so it is not my business to so.