probillygun

Beware! Skar Audio poor customer service

well you guys changed my mind,

im selling all ,my sundown and SSa stuff today

TEAM SKAR puckerS!

tumblr_lmt35vZ2St1qkmzx6o1_500.gif

You being serious?

You being serious?

I'm going to guess that he is not serious.

Ok,, so let's see if we are on track now-

So to the present-

Kevin is doing business but like other companies, canis getting overwhelmed with orders which has lapsed or delayed communication with people.

Besides that, yes, i still agree the product being sold is purely not created by the brains of the owner.

Many of us have values that we can start any business we want but if we can't prove or know the details about what we sell, then why put your name on it?

IF you are going to say, hey, i'm the owner of Brand X, then customers assume the owner should know the ins and outs of everything sold under that name.

And in this case, that's not true with all products and that's what puts a bad taste in people's mouths.

Where else are we to go if we can't get the info that is being requested? Nowhere.

Why the name-calling though? You could be a moron behind a keyboard too but I won't assume that and never will. If someone buys a product and enjoys it, who are you to discredit their opinion or level of satisfaction? Because they don't understand how drivers work? lol. So only the guy with a degree in acoustics opinion should matter?

It was a hypothetical. It's the internet. Guaranteed some moron has posted something about anything. It was meant to make a point. Reading a subjective interpretation of what someone thinks something sounds like is pointless. In particular when that person probably has the listening experience of only that driver or only a couple. Even worse if it is a single enclosure which is the norm.

For years i've been reading on the internet that there is no "best" car audio product, ever. I'm sure you read that too. What I gathered is that it's based on personal preference (.ie. brand) and the individual's unique perception of sound, not so?

I know where that started. Didn't used to be the case. However, again you can't read into the preference when there is no experience behind it. Everyone is biased towards what they spend their own money on. It's only sad when they expose that bias with error.

Car audio supposed to be fun man, relax and enjoy it. This is not a world nerdfest where people are sitting comparing Q factors and T/S parameters etc.

Audio is supposed to be what you want it to. For me that is getting the best setup I can for the money. And yes, comparing parameters is a HUGE part of determining that. They tell a story. There is a reason that manufacturers post them, lol.

Oh as for tryin it, it's pretty simple - 1. acquire product 2. put in trunk 3. bump away.

If that is your idea of all that is necessary to try, you should ignore everyone who has every tried anything as they will mislead you.

I think we are over-thinking a pretty simple and petty matter which all boils down to freedom of choice and opinion.

Are you for real? Where does freedom of choice even come close to being a topic in this thread. Read the title. Shitty service from a company. Doesn't mean you can't do business with them, just don't expect to get what you are expecting.

I somewhat agree with Pioneer..

It would be pretty sad i.m.o sitting behind a computer all day comparing T/S parameters and modeling optimal enclosures to equally compare drivers and test everything. Impressive if you have the time and ability to do that..

More like depressing if not. It is really easy and not time consuming at all. Why do you think the audio world wants the parameters in the first place. Hint...

How do we know a VVX wont sound as good to an unbiased listiner as an Icon or a W7? If the new SSA Evil wasnt engineered as well as some think/say, would anyone be able to tell right off the bat just by listening to it? Fuck no! Who actually has pulled T/S parameters to proove a VVX or Evil's parameters are acurate as tmanufactures put out. Have you done it M5? Or do you just read the parameters posted and look at the physical driver to conclude its a poorly built or designed sub? Putting the SSA evil as an example only

If you even once tried to model a driver you'd know your answer. It is easy to tell how different something will sound. Not like you can design a box without doing it either.

As for your other question, yes I've definitely measured T/S parameters on drivers. I've also designed end of line test systems for manufacturers who HAVE to test their T/S and other parameters before shipping items.

Not sure why this is tough on you guys. Poor design, poor service = Oh hurry, let's get in line to buy!

change of plans.... turns out im not cut out for team skar..... i emailed for an application for teaming and i got this in reply

"the team is waiting come on it"

12991_529360547108994_2011502070_n_zps5d8c408e.jpg

no thanks. umm ill stick with what i have.

" hey this is kevin with skar audio with an un boxing of the new skar audio shirts, know i know alot of you guys have been waiting for this shit to some out and we have been telling you about them on youtube and the forums but here it is, made 100 out of super cool stuff its like no other shirt from any any other company, its skar so you know its great any way this is kevin with scar audio. i like the soud of my own name and the word skar,. lets show you what our shirts can too,. "

MT-10-1275.gif

check us us soon for skar audio tampons and shoe strings and tolit paper coming soon

MaliBoom will change your mind lmaopeepwall.gif

LOL so modelling on a computer seems to be greater than real life experiences IN your car?

Aware me on the logic here?

What ever happened to the 20% product 80% install doctrine?

1.so one should blindly build a box for a sub with no kind of perimeters at all?

2. are you now saying that skars products are inferior ?

* correct perimeters

Pm ME also as lets see if street legal can prove what hes saying

Skar products is available in Trinidad, and a lot of people get ripped off by the local distributer and also with a garbage product. I know a few distributers roam this forum in the dark ..lol... you can be one of them haha just saying.
Please send me a PM on this ASAP.
Edited by RPM

PM me with gum drops and lolly pop coupons please

PM me with gum drops and lolly pop coupons please

I think I have a few left in my wallet--lemme check.

1.so one should blindly build a box for a sub with no kind of perimeters at all?

2. are you now saying that skars products are inferior ?

Not saying that all.

I'm saying instead of judging a sub you don't even own solely based on what the computer tells you, build what the computer tells you AND put it in your trunk then be the judge.

Why do people even compete? I mean, using this great software and parameters we can just sit behind our keyboards, plug figures away and be the loudest/cleanest etc. Imagine how much fun that would be, and people can give these great reviews based on....what the computer says

Could be the advent of a new era in car audio.

brb gonna fire up gran turismo 5, I always wanted to test drive a ferrari rolleyes.gif

If the guy wanted to clear his name against these allegations to protect his business he would do so. I understand what you are saying pioneer, but until he steps up to the plate you are defending someone who might end up making you look like a jackass.

so what your saying is.. . the birds fly south only if the red crow eats a pancake at midnight..... is that right?

If the guy wanted to clear his name against these allegations to protect his business he would do so. I understand what you are saying pioneer, but until he steps up to the plate you are defending someone who might end up making you look like a jackass.

Not defending at all, I'm just trying to understand the purpose of this thread.

To warn people of terrible CS from Skar Audio.

But the OP hasn't replied/updated us or even stated what he's trying to find out?

All i'm seeing here is chit from 2009 that Kevin supposedly did, and in any event there is no way to prove that he made those boxes. I saw pics posted but no one posted a receipt, the boxes are horrible obviously but we don't know who made them for certain.

Also if you still have the box, post the receipt and a pic of the box with you holding a spoon.

But the OP hasn't replied/updated us or even stated what he's trying to find out? All i'm seeing here is chit from 2009 that Kevin supposedly did, and in any event there is no way to prove that he made those boxes. I saw pics posted but no one posted a receipt, the boxes are horrible obviously but we don't know who made them for certain.

Are you fucking serious man? With all of the evidence against him you are still trying to disprove that he made those enclosures. You either don't comprehend things easily, or have some sort of affiliation with Kevin/Skar. You keep asking what the point of this thread is and we have answered. Just as another example he was selling "b stock" items at full price without telling the customer as recently as 2012. You are right that he hasn't been in too much trouble here in 2013 yet so let me give him another chance to screw me over....wait I'm smarter than that!

Where's the evidence?

Anyone can post a pic of some crappy box and say Kevin made it. So now every lame box that appears on the webz would have been made by Kevin?

Kevin makes clear as day threads list b-stock items, how we don't know those guys actually ordered b-stock items and claiming otherwise?

Do we really believe everything posted on the internet so easily?

i_want_to_be_leaf.jpg

Edited by pioneer