probillygun

Beware! Skar Audio poor customer service

Fox news sucks.buttlick.gif

Gonna be devil's advocate here, but isn't most of the stuff we buy/consume coming from china and other asian mega factories/build houses?

Is there a possibility that many items carrying different names are in fact the same item?

So where as in previous decades it was all about build quality, now the game has changed to mass production and marketing?

And what if he has some "decent" legit products carrying his brand name, does that make the item necessarily "bad" or inferior to something else?

Not knowing what you are doing and claiming you do makes your products inferior because you won't have the experience or knowledge to back them and provide accurate CS. Anybody can slap a sticker on something and call it their own, and if you want to do that at least know what you are selling to people before you get a head too big for your hat because this is what happens. Unfortunately in today's world you can attract flies with shit which we all know is cheaper than honey.

Edited by BrutalBasser

Gonna be devil's advocate here, but isn't most of the stuff we buy/consume coming from china and other asian mega factories/build houses?

Is there a possibility that many items carrying different names are in fact the same item?

So where as in previous decades it was all about build quality, now the game has changed to mass production and marketing?

And what if he has some "decent" legit products carrying his brand name, does that make the item necessarily "bad" or inferior to something else?

I would love to share the same feeling as you, BUT, as stated from me before,

When asked about TS specs on speakers, they are provided falsely.

That alone should just be BAM.. game over..

Now, onto amps, yes, most amps now are all the same generally.. but, would you want to purchase from a company that doesn't understand how the equipment works to better the company.

IE- Sundown.. They know what they are doing all the time and advancing their products with customization.

Personally, i would never dump a lot of money into something i have no idea how it works just to make money off others.

That is what we are referring to. Customers want that warm feeling that they are in good hands. Not that they just got a deal on something and assume they know the specs of it and it's warranty coverage turn-around time.

Skar products is available in Trinidad, and a lot of people get ripped off by the local distributer and also with a garbage product.

I know a few distributers roam this forum in the dark ..lol... you can be one of them haha just saying.

i tell you why people buy his products. ADVERTISING. It doesn't matter how terrible the product is, if you can advertise enough and social engineer people into believing they need it, then it will sell.

It's the same reason why people put Bose on a glorified level even though the product, in most cases is glorified garbage. The money the should spend on R&D goes into advertising. It has to cost a fortune to be the official audio company of the NFL, but you won't ever see Bose doing a sound system in a stadium or Arena (not that they have the ability to do so anyways)

On his news report on TV it was said that he hired an engineer that designs the products if i remember correctly

Skar products is available in Trinidad, and a lot of people get ripped off by the local distributer and also with a garbage product. I know a few distributers roam this forum in the dark ..lol... you can be one of them haha just saying.

How exactly they're being ripped off by the local distributor though?

On his news report on TV it was said that he hired an engineer that designs the products if i remember correctly

Yeah Jacob had a hand in the design of the VVX but as far as I know that is the only item that was "engineered". And even it isn't great.

Skar products is available in Trinidad, and a lot of people get ripped off by the local distributer and also with a garbage product. I know a few distributers roam this forum in the dark ..lol... you can be one of them haha just saying.

Stayed out of this untill this Piost

I AM the local distributor for SKAR AUDIO in Trinidad AKA OffshoreMarketing on Tuner i Would love to know how i am ripping off people? before u go out there and Defame my Character i Would LOVE to see you back up this statement with PROOF? . If you cant then i guess your just another hater who is angry that ppl in Trinidad Loving Skar products ;)/>/>

Or your probably a dealer for another brand who's going out of business or something.

Edited by RPM

How many people in here personally tried/tested any Skar products for themselves? Isn't that what fact finding is about, personal experiences and being able to relate these experience and findings? It's all good if you tried it and hated it, we are all free-thinking human beings and entitled to our personal opinions.

I personally have a VVX-15 and got wonderful assistance in designing a box on the Skar forum via SMD. Matter of fact I would like to thank Ground Pounder Customs again for designing me a tank eek5wavey.gif

How many retailers out there know much about the products they sell? I'm speaking in general here, from vacuum cleaners to whiteboard markers. Does anyone really know anything about their products in fine detail? So does that mean we should automatically trash their products and name because...well just because. Does anyone walk into Walmart and ask them for the chemical composition of a shirt?

I can fully understand if Skar products had major faults mechanically wise and were falling apart everywhere (like Image Dynamics XS components, hi Kaizen rofl2.gif ), but from what I gathered here so far it seems to be a problem with the owner and his alleged past dealings. My humble view is that even if he did some crap in the past, how about give the kid a break and see if he can prove himself?

Even if he is gaining territory via marketing, isn't that's what business is all about and the consumer power of freedom of choice?

Many companies have failed, managed to recognize their previous errors and started all over again, and today are conquering the markets. How about we live and let live? Yeah?

How many people in here personally tried/tested any Skar products for themselves? Isn't that what fact finding is about, personal experiences and being able to relate these experience and findings? It's all good if you tried it and hated it, we are all free-thinking human beings and entitled to our personal opinions.

So if a moron tries it and likes it, but someone who actually understands how drivers work, driver design, acoustics etc never does but can state exactly why the driver is a fail you will pick the opinion of the moron?

Curious also what you think trial entails? Is listening to a driver trying it, is modeling it trying it, is trying it in one single box in one car trying it, or is it something else?

Sorry you got scammed into buying a sub-par driver from an asshat but perhaps you need to rethink what you read places.

I have installed (against my advice) a pair of VVX's, they were promptly replaced within a month.

damn asshat present and accounted for lol hahha

So if a moron tries it and likes it, but someone who actually understands how drivers work, driver design, acoustics etc never does but can state exactly why the driver is a fail you will pick the opinion of the moron? Curious also what you think trial entails? Is listening to a driver trying it, is modeling it trying it, is trying it in one single box in one car trying it, or is it something else? Sorry you got scammed into buying a sub-par driver from an asshat but perhaps you need to rethink what you read places.

So if a moron tries it and likes it, but someone who actually understands how drivers work, driver design, acoustics etc never does but can state exactly why the driver is a fail you will pick the opinion of the moron?

Curious also what you think trial entails? Is listening to a driver trying it, is modeling it trying it, is trying it in one single box in one car trying it, or is it something else?

Sorry you got scammed into buying a sub-par driver from an asshat but perhaps you need to rethink what you read places.

Why the name-calling though? You could be a moron behind a keyboard too but I won't assume that and never will. If someone buys a product and enjoys it, who are you to discredit their opinion or level of satisfaction? Because they don't understand how drivers work? lol. So only the guy with a degree in acoustics opinion should matter?

For years i've been reading on the internet that there is no "best" car audio product, ever. I'm sure you read that too. What I gathered is that it's based on personal preference (.ie. brand) and the individual's unique perception of sound, not so?

Car audio supposed to be fun man, relax and enjoy it. This is not a world nerdfest where people are sitting comparing Q factors and T/S parameters etc.

Oh as for tryin it, it's pretty simple - 1. acquire product 2. put in trunk 3. bump away.

I think we are over-thinking a pretty simple and petty matter which all boils down to freedom of choice and opinion.

Edited by pioneer

hmmm i smell civil war is about to break out

So if a moron tries it and likes it, but someone who actually understands how drivers work, driver design, acoustics etc never does but can state exactly why the driver is a fail you will pick the opinion of the moron? Curious also what you think trial entails? Is listening to a driver trying it, is modeling it trying it, is trying it in one single box in one car trying it, or is it something else? Sorry you got scammed into buying a sub-par driver from an asshat but perhaps you need to rethink what you read places.
Why the name-calling though? You could be a moron behind a keyboard too but I won't assume that and never will. If someone buys a product and enjoys it, who are you to discredit their opinion or level of satisfaction? Because they don't understand how drivers work? lol. So only the guy with a degree in acoustics opinion should matter? For years i've been reading on the internet that there is no "best" car audio product, ever. I'm sure you read that too. What I gathered is that it's based on personal preference (.ie. brand) and the individual's unique perception of sound, not so? Car audio supposed to be fun man, relax and enjoy it. This is not a world nerdfest where people are sitting comparing Q factors and T/S parameters etc. Oh as for tryin it, it's pretty simple - 1. acquire product 2. put in trunk 3. bump away. I think we are over-thinking a pretty simple and petty matter which all boils down to freedom of choice and opinion.

Oh btw, how come the OP hasn't replied since? Interdasting no doubt.

Not sure I will try and get in contact with him to see if Kevin ever returned his call.

I do not know personally M5 and the others here, but If I have to choose a product I'd rather trust them than the Skar owner and the others Skar users.

You can't say a product is good because you have just tried them in your car : who are you to make me believe what you think is true ?

Pioneer : you said GPC designed you a box for your sub, maybe that is why you like your Skar sub ! You must have a good box :)

This SSA forum is where I get the best advices on car audio. Can't compare to SMd !!! smh :(

I somewhat agree with Pioneer..

It would be pretty sad i.m.o sitting behind a computer all day comparing T/S parameters and modeling optimal enclosures to equally compare drivers and test everything. Impressive if you have the time and ability to do that..

How do we know a VVX wont sound as good to an unbiased listiner as an Icon or a W7? If the new SSA Evil wasnt engineered as well as some think/say, would anyone be able to tell right off the bat just by listening to it? Fuck no! Who actually has pulled T/S parameters to proove a VVX or Evil's parameters are acurate as tmanufactures put out. Have you done it M5? Or do you just read the parameters posted and look at the physical driver to conclude its a poorly built or designed sub? Putting the SSA evil as an example only

T/S parameters are the sub's DNA. I have been modeling the Evil and am rather impressed. You will know right away when you model a sub using the T/S if they are accurate.

I deal with Kevin in person as Skar Audio HQ is literally 2 mins from my house. He has always been prompt on replying to my questions and nothing but upfront and honest with our business dealing. About two years ago Kevin even personally came to my house to deliver a VVX 12 I was trading in an SA-12 for and gave me a demo of his Ford 500 (before it was totaled) with the 6 VVX10's and SK4500.1D. Very professional and just all around nice guy. Took the time to show me and my wife around the office and warehouse the other day and answered all my questions. Of course this is just MY experience, but I love my Skar Audio products and Kevin's great customer service and will continue to represent the brand in my vehicle and do business with him and his company in the future. Just my $.02 for what it's worth.

Skar products is available in Trinidad, and a lot of people get ripped off by the local distributer and also with a garbage product.

I know a few distributers roam this forum in the dark ..lol... you can be one of them haha just saying.

Please send me a PM on this ASAP.