AXEHAMMER

Time for a change-Mr. Clinton?

Currently have two RF T2D412 in 4 cube ported box in my 04 Dodge Durango. I am running them with two RF T1500bd-cp. Have extra battery and a 270a alt ran with all 1/0. The subs get loud and i have been served well by them. That being said they are not the most musical subs in the world and I have been eyeballing the XCONs for a long time now. Im going to sell the box and subs i have now and get new subs at tax time. So here is my question, are the XCONs my best bet with the power im running. At two ohms I SHOULD be around 1600w per sub. Also in that vehicle with that setup what size box should I build and how much port area is ideal? Would love input from anyone willing to help me out, specifically from Aaron who seems to be VERY helpful and knowledgable. Especially with the SSA equipment ;)

Thanks in advance all

Chris

The XCON's will perform just fine on ~1600 watts each. I would keep to the enclosure recommendations of 5 to 5.5cuft NET with somewhere in the 120sqin or more of port area.

I can help you draw something up too if needed.

The XCONs sound like a good fit for sure.

I love my 8 xcons.:-) very musical and get loud. I have about 2k each and They haven't even broken a sweat

Thanks everyone. will the power i have get them to perform as intended? Alton, you are a great man, always offering help. I would LOVE if you would help me out with something. Subs up port back, Ill be getting the 15inch version. Prob a noob question but do i want dual 1 or dual 2 to run at 2ohms?

Julian- from what i hear these xcons are NASTY how is your vehicle holding up to that?

Also, given the diff specs of the drivers i have and the xcons will there be much diff in spl? Dont guess it matters as im goin from 12s to 15s anyway

Edited by AXEHAMMER

The XCON is a very surprising sub. It sounds awesome and can get loud when needed.

Ah Nem, I expected more details about these here xcons from you, i know you love them. have you heard any of fosgates t2s?

No sorry I have not had the opportunity to listen to the rockfords. I have 2 18's sealed and it sounds awesome all around. Hell playing the zac brown band I metered 143db. They do get louder playing rap and other music my nephew listens to.

No sorry I have not had the opportunity to listen to the rockfords. I have 2 18's sealed and it sounds awesome all around. Hell playing the zac brown band I metered 143db. They do get louder playing rap and other music my nephew listens to.

Zac Brown Band is one of my favorite things to listen to in my car. Their songs are pretty cool, are you a country fan?

I only listen to C'rap music when im showing my system off. most of the time i listen to rock music.

Zac Brown Band is one of my favorite things to listen to in my car. Their songs are pretty cool, are you a country fan?

I like a lot of it, but there is some I don't.

Currently have two RF T2D412 in 4 cube ported box in my 04 Dodge Durango. I am running them with two RF T1500bd-cp. Have extra battery and a 270a alt ran with all 1/0. The subs get loud and i have been served well by them. That being said they are not the most musical subs in the world and I have been eyeballing the XCONs for a long time now. Im going to sell the box and subs i have now and get new subs at tax time. So here is my question, are the XCONs my best bet with the power im running. At two ohms I SHOULD be around 1600w per sub. Also in that vehicle with that setup what size box should I build and how much port area is ideal? Would love input from anyone willing to help me out, specifically from Aaron who seems to be VERY helpful and knowledgable. Especially with the SSA equipment ;)/> Thanks in advance all Chris

You rang? ;) As for that nice RF amp, it is plenty of power for the Xcons. They are going to have a little different sound then the T2's. As for enclosure size in that vehicle, with that power and based off your post, shoot for around 2.25 cubes per 12" (5.5 combined), at 31hz.

Thanks Aaron, I knew i could count on ya! I should have specified however i am going to move up to 15s to move a little more air, could you suggest a box size for me based on 15s? Thanks all!

Also, I do listen to a mix which includes rock and country. Tuned that low will i still get my kicks loud?

Edited by AXEHAMMER

Thanks Aaron, I knew i could count on ya! I should have specified however i am going to move up to 15s to move a little more air, could you suggest a box size for me based on 15s? Thanks all!

Also, I do listen to a mix which includes rock and country. Tuned that low will i still get my kicks loud?

Humm, aim for around 3.5 or so cubes/per then. :)

Will do Aaron, thanks again bro. Alton, if you still feel like helping i will post my max dimensions and we can work on a box for two 15s. Thanks!

I heared several times a setup with 2 15" Xcons, each in a 4 ft3 box at 30ish Hz, they were ...wonderful ! Loud and clear.

But it was in a very small car (an Old Renault Clio). No back seats, sub & port up, on 1800 w rms each.

I had mine in a 3.1 ft3 box with 2 4" aeroports : it was nice but, my car is bigger than the Clio, so it was really not as loud, but amazingly accurate on music.

Before trying SSA products, I've never heared subwoofers playing music so well. I have to admit the box is VERY important. You seem to be in good hands.

Thanks for the info Notorious. I have to admit im a little shy of ordering subs ive never heard, but on the flip side, ive NEVER heard a bad review of the xcons. I just HAVE to make sure the box is as perfect as possible to keep the spl side going in my rango, as its a cave inside.

I just HAVE to make sure the box is as perfect as possible to keep the spl side going in my rango, as its a cave inside.

The jump in cone area should definitely help in that aspect. As long is you get them in a nice enclosure I think that you will be thrilled.

Prob a noob question but do i want dual 1 or dual 2 to run at 2ohms?

Dual 2 wired in series parallel for a 2 ohm load for two drivers.

Edited by BrutalBasser

Will do Aaron, thanks again bro. Alton, if you still feel like helping i will post my max dimensions and we can work on a box for two 15s. Thanks!

Finally got this thread to load again, lol. Yeah I'd be glad to help you out. Post up the max dims you can work with and other information like the orientation you prefer (sub up, port back, etc), double baffle yes/no, things of that sort and we'll get after it.

You're going to love the XCON's, I'm sure of it. I've not had a chance to listen to mine yet, but I've yet to hear a bad word about them.

Finally got this thread to load again, lol. Yeah I'd be glad to help you out. Post up the max dims you can work with and other information like the orientation you prefer (sub up, port back, etc), double baffle yes/no, things of that sort and we'll get after it. You're going to love the XCON's, I'm sure of it. I've not had a chance to listen to mine yet, but I've yet to hear a bad word about them.

bigok.gif

Prob a noob question but do i want dual 1 or dual 2 to run at 2ohms?
Dual 2 wired in series parallel for a 2 ohm load for two drivers.

Is this correct knowing that ill have one amp per sub??

Finally got this thread to load again, lol. Yeah I'd be glad to help you out. Post up the max dims you can work with and other information like the orientation you prefer (sub up, port back, etc), double baffle yes/no, things of that sort and we'll get after it. You're going to love the XCON's, I'm sure of it. I've not had a chance to listen to mine yet, but I've yet to hear a bad word about them.
bigok.gif

Aaron, In the words of my 15 month old son "TA DA!!!" :)

hey guys, brought this thread back from the dead for one more opinion. for about the same price i can get two 15 xcons or FOUR gcons. i have a large suv so space is no problem

what would the pros and cons be of each setup? just wanna be sure before i drop my tax money ;)~