Il be getting some custom ported boxes made soon

If you really like the current cvr you have, check out the new Kicker CompR. Its the new version of the old cvr with a 2 in. coil and will support 600 watts easy. I also have ran IA 187 tens (four of them) and loved them to death, but in a ported box while competing for MWSPL. I advise looking into the new Kicker products

Will do, but also realize I have a 750.2 amp. And I dont want to spend money where I do t have to... After measuring and making boxes I will decide later. Either 10s or 12s.

I'm looking about 1-1.5 cubes, 35hz for each sub.

Also, can u link me a site or something where I can buy the new kickers. I will either keep my 10s or go another route if there much over $100 but I want to look into them

i know you seem stuck on keeping your box but thats just a bad idea

every sub has its own specs and should have its own box

your port tune might be ideal for your kickers

but not for some sundowns

a different box design might get you the sound your looking for from the kickers

as for your subwoofer choices i would pick incriminators

i dont like how long you have to wait to fully break in sundowns

Thank you.

This ported box will be about 1 cube, 35 Hz. (After both are made) then, I will drop in new subs. I WILL get rid of the old boxes so I will have better output.

Incriminator still the way to go? Sounds good to me.

I will Stoll be running about 400rms to each

You have a convertible. You're not going to gain anything outside of large drivers and high power mounted in the rear seat area. Once that top goes down, you choke the drivers in the trunk and transfer function is gone. There really is nothing you can do. Save your time and money for another vehicle.

You have a convertible. You're not going to gain anything outside of large drivers and high power mounted in the rear seat area. Once that top goes down, you choke the drivers in the trunk and transfer function is gone. There really is nothing you can do. Save your time and money for another vehicle.

This. How big is the passer side footwell?

Lol I tried, no use. I'm keeping them in the trunk. And your right, when the tops down there's very little bass but its pretty nice when the tops up.

Are you saying there will be no difference if I switch to a ported box???

Edited by Dangercdv

Yesterday, a jeep pulled up behind me. Its bass was louder in my car then my own subs do. At first I thought it was mine but my heady it was on zero. My ears starting hurting, it was sick. My gf had to cover her ears. No idea what he had.

This really made me want to upgrade even more... I'm jealous

How soon do you think until you get a new car?

A year or two. I'd rather answer my question and not debate on a new car

Ohh thought it might few months. If then I would of said just hold off on subs but its far away.

This. How big is the passer side footwell?

There's no room anywhere in the car aside from the trunk. You can get a good pair of 6.5s in the doors though and use them as subs, but he still won't get what he's looking for.

Lol I tried, no use. I'm keeping them in the trunk. And your right, when the tops down there's very little bass but its pretty nice when the tops up. Are you saying there will be no difference if I switch to a ported box???

Any difference probably won't be heard by ear. This is just the fact of having a vert with a tiny trunk.

I feel lime that not right... Cause facing my Su s in different places all e gave me a huge increase, a new amp bumped it up way more, I think of I port them in get better output. The tops up is better bass than most people think.

What if i port so sundown e12s? You can't tell me that won't get me some better output. At least add to the low in.

Dude, you can't milk man breast so why force something that just won't happen. Rock what you have and save for another vehicle. A hard top car or suv and those same subs will sound loads better. Heck if you do a suv you could do some SSA 18"s and do a number on that Jeep; I see in your future a build with some Evil's.

If you just have to get some new subs knock yourself out. These guys on this forum have been doing it for a long time and I respect and trust their opinions. Do what you want.

Yeah I agree, and trust most of these people as well. I'm just looking for answeres.

I'm on my own 2nd set up after if tweaked and moved everything to its number one. And compared to my first every set up this is 10x better. I was just wondering if I could make 1 final change it get complete happiness with my system.

If porting and switching to 12s will do what I want then in do it, but I'm not so sure ot will based on these answers. I'm looking for a yes or no right now.

I want a little more volume, and a little more low end output. Sq wouldn't be bad either.

So would ported 12s or even 10s make me happy?

Yeah I agree, and trust most of these people as well. I'm just looking for answeres. I'm on my own 2nd set up after if tweaked and moved everything to its number one. And compared to my first every set up this is 10x better. I was just wondering if I could make 1 final change it get complete happiness with my system. If porting and switching to 12s will do what I want then in do it, but I'm not so sure ot will based on these answers. I'm looking for a yes or no right now. I want a little more volume, and a little more low end output. Sq wouldn't be bad either. So would ported 12s or even 10s make me happy?

No you're not; you're looking only for yes. It's been stated the gains will be negligible and more than likely not worth the effort, but you dismissed that in your previous posts. So, I say, do what you think will work. Psycho-acoustics are fun, and you already have your mind made up that you'll hear an improvement, so I guarantee you will.

Edited by Scuderia

SD-10's?

Im just going to get 2 seperate custom ported boxes made. im going to make them as big as possible with room for the amp in the middle, so 1-1.5 cubes each, tuned around 35hz.

If that does quite cut it il just give up and wait till my next car.

And as for the SD-10s, I dont see the point in spending that much more for th power handeling, the E-10s already handle more than I could give them in clean power. I might eventually put in some E-10s even if they wont give me more output like some people are saying, I would rather have sundown than these kickers.

DONT GET ME WRONG, there great subs, just not my fave :P

The new Kicker CompR's you can't find online right now but if you go to your local dealer they might be able to order some straight from the warehouse. That is if they sell kicker's in their stores. Once i find a link that has them i will gladly post it for you. I have six of them on there way to my house now for my blazer.

That's sick. You gotta show me! Video that!

I don't have any kicker dealers around other than best buy and Walmart.

Ill post the number it does too. Going to be running them on 2k of power so we'll see where its at. Projected around 153 db