Should I dare say the new JL w6v3???

I'm not a fan of JL. Not sire about that one specifically but if never been supporting of JL. I'd like a sub around $100. So far the incrimonator I series, kicker CompR, and sundown E are my top choices if I even decide to switch after I get new boxes.

Ill post the number it does too. Going to be running them on 2k of power so we'll see where its at. Projected around 153 db

You aint gonna be doing 53's with Kicker comps on 2k, sorry man its not that easy

Not even 6 of them? In a good box?

Ugh this is challenging...

my friend suggest today, getting sound dampening material. All of my trunk is covered in carpet, except the actual opening part... which my subs face only a few inches away.

He suggested I should cover up that part and it will increase my SPL. (I do indeed have quite a bit of trunk rattle)

I dont need all to much, but I thought this was a good idea. What parts of my trunk should I cover up?

Edited by Dangercdv

Ill post the number it does too. Going to be running them on 2k of power so we'll see where its at. Projected around 153 db
You aint gonna be doing 53's with Kicker comps on 2k, sorry man its not that easy

It actually is that easy. If only you knew what ive done in the last few years for SPL. I work at a shop part time, I have layered my blazer all the way around twice with second skin, I'm running an amp which will see 3,600 watts, kinetik 2400 battery, 0 guage wire, and a hand built box with multiple ports to abtain the best score possible. Those woofers have 2 in coils and they are rated at 600 watts. They are basically the new cvr's not the comps you are thinking of. So when i say 153db is going to happen then it will

It actually is that easy. If only you knew what ive done in the last few years for SPL. I work at a shop part time, I have layered my blazer all the way around twice with second skin, I'm running an amp which will see 3,600 watts, kinetik 2400 battery, 0 guage wire, and a hand built box with multiple ports to abtain the best score possible. Those woofers have 2 in coils and they are rated at 600 watts. They are basically the new cvr's not the comps you are thinking of. So when i say 153db is going to happen then it will

Explain your system more. What is your box like? Tuning, size, port, box placement? What size subs? What amp? Vehicle? Hmmm

2000 Chevy Blazer, 4 12' Kicker Solo X's (until the CompR's come in), db drive 3.5 prototype amp (you'll never see this amp on the market as its 6 years old), and the box specs stay with me because i personally made this so i don't want it out there. I can say i run three 4 in aero ports at different lengths and its tuned to the mid 50's to lower 60's

So... I just ordered 2 e-10s for a total of $170... And im selling my current subs and my old amp i domt use for $200... So yeah. Im happy.

And my friend is going to make me custom boxes for free.

Im a little confused on the port, because its wedge shaped, i dont know how to calcute the tuning frequency if its a wedge, help?

2000 Chevy Blazer, 4 12' Kicker Solo X's (until the CompR's come in), db drive 3.5 prototype amp (you'll never see this amp on the market as its 6 years old), and the box specs stay with me because i personally made this so i don't want it out there. I can say i run three 4 in aero ports at different lengths and its tuned to the mid 50's to lower 60's

A bunch of people make their own boxes and design it and give it out, but if you don't want to, it's your business. But it's a burp box. That's why you can say you might hit a 153. I thought you were trying to say you could do that with a daily box. Personally, I don't see why people would have a burp box. I think a daily box that is able to get loud is better.

anyway... Im getting SA-10s... selling my CVRs for a profit.

yay me...

winner, winner, chicken dinner. *Custom boxes coming soon*

Nice choice! Always nice to sell things for a profit hahaha

ohhh yeah, and I still have some more stuff to sell from my old sound systems.

Gotta love the profit.