Well, do not assume that there is a single solution to every problem being experienced right now.

I'm focused on this fuse block melted.

Plus one!

I looked at the block, appears just like any other..

I'm assuming their wire is of adequate performance, i just never heard of them before.

For that block to be a wire insert, are you sure that wire is EXTREMELY tight in there?

It should be so tight that you physically cannot pull it out. IF you can, there's your problem.

Another reason for melting is sporadic grounding issues that are too fast for the fuse to notice(which i doubt anyways)

Also, Check the fuse screws. IF the screws holding the fuse down is not rock solid, that's another reason!

see, if the fuse isn't popping and it's a 300a fuse, then the current making the block melt is under 300A.

300a is not enough to cause this to happen. If it were, then they wouldn't make them capable of holding those types of fuses because 1/0 wire is capable of transferring that current so the fuse block not should, but does have the same or better capability.

From the alt, to the fuse block, to fuse, to other side of fuse, to other side of fuse block to entire battery terminal AND POST of battery and ground at batt terminal AND POST and frame ground, i'd check ALL for loose connections or for non-measurable variables or those with resistance.

So i found the problem...the amp ground was not secured tighly on to the chassi...also the ground terminal was only holding on to half the wire...most of it had broken off

Just got the email from mike singer and he gave me a great price for a new alt...whats the feedback on his alts?

I have a Singer 240 and I love it, I'd go ahead and get it just cause. ;)

So i found the problem...the amp ground was not secured tighly on to the chassi...also the ground terminal was only holding on to half the wire...most of it had broken off

Glad you found the issue man!

Grounds will get u every time lol

I had this exact same issue about a couple weeks ago and burned my alternator up because of it. sad part about it was I had no money for a Ho alt at the time so I had to put another stocker back on :(

So i wonder if this has anything to do with it.. When ever i get somewhere and i turn off my truck if i touch it by accident with my elbow or hand the dam truck shocks me..it only happens when i turn it off and i jump out

Thats just static electricity because of the dry air and sliding across the seat to get out.

Thats just static electricity because of the dry air and sliding across the seat to get out.

Oh ok! Well thats good to know cuz im even scared to pump gas.im not trying to start a fire..since its recommended to touch ur car before u start pumping gas