Sign in to follow this  
Canucknoob

Cut Sheets Fi Q12 still current??

Was wondering if those cut sheets are still optimum to today's Fi Q12?? I'm purchasing one at the end of this month and would like to build the box while I wait for delivery. Going for a

ported enclosure but for fun was gonna build a sealed too and check them both out. Thinking of getting the sub fully loaded with every feature just cause I can and run it on a Q1-1200D

from Soundqubed at 1ohm producing 1200watts. It will be in a 2005 jimmy 2 door so room is not a factor. I listen to all types of music and would love clear crisp bass but also able to

bump it when I feel like it. I know there is no magic box that gives me both SQ and SPL just want good sounds on musical music and THUMPING when I crank dubstep/club music.

Other components include:

HERTZ HSK 165 6.5 component set (heard and loved how they sounded)

Q4-120 4 channel from Sounqubed

no speakers in the back

Deck unknown atm.

This is what i've put together which I will be purchasing in the next month. Amps and subs ordered online so will take awhile to get. Component locally store bought as I can not find online.

Deck unknown but probably online as prices where I live in Canada are EXTREMELY inflated in comparison to online purchases.

Any tips/ideas/criticism on my plans appreciated. Anyone have previous enclosure design that they have used and loved how it turned out ?

Cut sheets i'm referring to are a sticky dated in 2010.

Edited by Canucknoob

Figured 12 would be enough for my needs and save room for camping, fishing equipment and beer lol. My intentions are not in any way for comps just looking for a set up

I'd be proud and happy with. I believe the 12 will produce more then adequate bass and sound great for what I want.

Edited by Canucknoob

Figured 12 would be enough for my needs and save room for camping, fishing equipment and beer lol. My intentions are not in any way for comps just looking for a set up

I'd be proud and happy with. I believe the 12 will produce more then adequate bass and sound great for what I want.

Makes sense man! Then you can add a second 12 down the road ;)

Honestly already thought that lol. If im not satisfied but think I will be will just get another Q12 and Q1-1200d.

Honestly already thought that lol. If im not satisfied but think I will be will just get another Q12 and Q1-1200d.

Cut sheets look just fine by the way.

OK awesome. Has the design/stats on the Q12 not change much at all since 2010? Just curious. Just getting back into car audio game. Only had two systems in last 10 yrs as school and

starting new career made spending money on car audio not the best choice. Nor did I have the funds to get me anything I would love. Hell even like.

Edited by Canucknoob

OK awesome. Has the design/stats not change much at all since 2010? Just curious. Just getting back into car audio game. Only had two systems in last 10 yrs as school and

starting new career made spending money on car audio not the best choice. Nor did I have the funds to get me anything I would love. Hell even like.

The Q's have been changed since then (I think) but the enclosure is still a good fit. You can provide your maximum height, width, and depth and we can see if you might be able to do something better.

Just thinking if I should build a little bit bigger and play with some stuffing. Little more little less maybe unit I get the sound i'm looking for. Has anyone tried this? Is it smart at

all? Just thinking maybe be an easier way of modifying a Box quickly and easier then rebuilding it few times.

Was looking around and curious. Is Khotik Enclosures still around? They seem to have really nice boxes but don't think they exist any more. Anyone know

if they are alive and kicking ??

Edited by Canucknoob

Sign in to follow this