timtriangle

sundown e series

E8vs is an 8 inch sub

E-10 is the bigger 10 inch sub.

There are both the same classs of sub, just different sizes.

a single E wont take 1400 rms well. There rated at 400 rms

3 or 4 might sound allot better on that same amp. a 1400 rms rated amp will tear that sub up

Edited by Dangercdv

Like danger said, same sub different size. Man don't even plan to put that much power on one of those subs. A 10 inch sub will be louder than an 8 if both are in their respectable boxes.

How many are you looking at getting?

Well, for your amp, neither.

you might be able to get away with a sd-12 on that amp, but still that’s pushing
it too far. You would really have to gain down and watch how far you turn up
your volume.

I would recommend getting a weaker amp. As far as the subs
go I would go with a single 12 inch over the 8s. It has a bit more cone area
and it’s easier to work with.

If you really want to work with that amp, I would save a
little bit more money and get an SA-12, it would handle your amp as long as you
tune everything correctly and don’t overdo it. This would be your best option.

buy used! 

oh yeah, good point. Get a used SA-12, or 2 used SA-8 subwoofers, then just go crazy :P

Whatever you decide to go with, make sure you tune everything correctly. Nothing worse then blowing brand new subwoofers because you didn't take the time to tune it right.

I can help you design a box for it, perfect specs. 
Just give me 24 hours (I have school)

Don't power one with that size amp bro. I have a sundown audio e 12 on a Polk audio amp that puts out 617 watts @ 2 ohms and that sub heats up quite a bit with proper gain.

What amp is it? I'd get a dual 2 12" e or sd series and run the amp at 4 ohms. It'll make your system more efficient and less strain on equipment.

hmm i understand but i play with a stock 40 ampere battery and a external shuriken 80 battery

That has nothing to do with the sub heating up. Sure maybe voltage drops make the amp work harder and heat up the coil more but that has nothing to  do with  how hot the sub  gets. The woofer has poor cooling simple as that.

hmm i understand but i play with a stock 40 ampere battery and a external shuriken 80 battery

That has nothing to do with the sub heating up. Sure maybe voltage drops make the amp work harder and heat up the coil more but that has nothing to  do with  how hot the sub  gets. The woofer has poor cooling simple as that.

It actually has everything to do with it. His alt is small as hell which means its going to be hard to keep voltage high. When voltage drops clipping can occur which will heat up the sub up real fast. I think clipping can be like 3x the power (not to sure I think I read that somewhere). Maybe that's why your sub was getting hot.

autotek mm1-1500d

Run it at 4 ohms to get the highest efficiency. From your amp at least. Get yourself a sub or subs that will have a final ohm load of either 1 or 4 ohms and wire them to 4 ohms .

It actually has everything to do with it. His alt is small as hell which means its going to be hard to keep voltage high. When voltage drops clipping can occur which will heat up the sub up real fast. I think clipping can be like 3x the power (not to sure I think I read that somewhere). Maybe that's why your sub was getting hot.

My voltage is a perfect 14.4 constant. The sub js in a sealed box built to specifications

Don't power one with that size amp bro. I have a sundown audio e 12 on a Polk audio amp that puts out 617 watts @ 2 ohms and that sub heats up quite a bit with proper gain.

how long dit you played that the sub getting hot..

45 minute drives. If you don't drive that much i wouldnt be worried about it

45 minute drives. If you don't drive that much i wouldnt be worried about it

im not driving that much long i drive around 10-25 minutes