Sign in to follow this  
mlcantin

Anyone here run a Audioque 2200d?

Just wanted to know the opinion of someone who owns one. I am thinking about this or the dc 2k so input would be much welcome.

Sincerely,

Matthew

I rather grab the DC2k if it was me. Why? Well because thats my opinion lol.

I rather grab the DC2k if it was me. Why? Well because thats my opinion lol.

In my case I'd rather go with the Crescendo 2k. Hahaha!

Can't go wrong either way OP.

Yeah dc 2k or Cendo 2k for sure.

Just in my personal exp, the aq seemed to be a bit picky on clipping, now that may or may not be my fault now realizing the zcon wanted more power than the aq1200 I had lol

I run 2 of them strapped at 2 ohm's right now. I would prefer the DC2k myself as well as I have researched cleaner power out of the DC over the AQ. I can however attest that just recently my aq's were running all the way down to 10 volts on accident and managed to stay alive. Of course Sencheezy is basing his experience all off of his 1200 he had which totally different than the 2200, but once again I am not bias and would choose either the DC or the crescendo 2k over the AQ, but I wouldn't ever be hesitant to get the AQ if money is an issue.

Yeah dc 2k or Cendo 2k for sure.

Just in my personal exp, the aq seemed to be a bit picky on clipping, now that may or may not be my fault now realizing the zcon wanted more power than the aq1200 I had lol

Lol i was typing my thoughts as you responded

Okay I have narrowed my search down to the DC 2k and crescendo. I have heard that the DC puts out more power than the crescendo (2700 watts RMS at one ohm from multiple sources) so I think will probably go for the DC since it is only $20 more

Okay I have narrowed my search down to the DC 2k and crescendo. I have heard that the DC puts out more power than the crescendo (2700 watts RMS at one ohm from multiple sources) so I think will probably go for the DC since it is only $20 more

Curious of the source?  If it was a "clamp test" then the results are meaningless.

I run the AQ2200, and I like it.  The amp takes a beating, I've demoed at idle for 1hr+ and dipped down into the 9's and the amp wasn't hot afterwards, just a little warm.

Id rather have an Audioque over a Crescendo anyday of the week, but to each their own.

I just hooked up my AQ 2200 today. Biggest amp I've ever had. So far it's wired at 2 ohm but it puts out good power.

I just hooked up my AQ 2200 today. Biggest amp I've ever had. So far it's wired at 2 ohm but it puts out good power.

Pick up another one and strap them together.

I run the AQ2200, and I like it.  The amp takes a beating, I've demoed at idle for 1hr+ and dipped down into the 9's and the amp wasn't hot afterwards, just a little warm.

All that shows is your intelligence....

And that your lucky

I run the AQ2200, and I like it. The amp takes a beating, I've demoed at idle for 1hr+ and dipped down into the 9's and the amp wasn't hot afterwards, just a little warm.

And this is a good thing how? OP, please disregard this useless information and never run your amp below 9 volts. Smh

I run the AQ2200, and I like it. The amp takes a beating, I've demoed at idle for 1hr+ and dipped down into the 9's and the amp wasn't hot afterwards, just a little warm.

And this is a good thing how? OP, please disregard this useless information and never run your amp below 9 volts. Smh

You're such a nice guy lol

I wouldn't get along with you any other way.

I run my amps at 6.42 volts on lawn mower batteries ran in parallel smile.png

Edited by nadcicle

Curious of the source?  If it was a "clamp test" then the results are meaningless.

My deepest apologies kind sir

Did I say dropping that low is a good thing?  No.  Is it a good thing that the amplifier can actually handle it in case it does happen?  Yes.  Just saying these amps take a beating.

Edited by kl0wn

No reason to apologize.  I was stating not to use a clamp test as a basis of comparison.  The results of a clamp test aren't meaningful.

Well then I will be sure to ignore them from now on. Clumps are really only meaningful under certain conditions and not all amps will perform the same

No reason to apologize.  I was stating not to use a clamp test as a basis of comparison.  The results of a clamp test aren't meaningful.

I was a aq fan when I had my 2200 then I seen the light at the end of the tunnel it was crescendo looking at me