Truconcept

My system?, yep. Subs in the backseat?, yep.

I have to admit, the doors scare me.  That is if you think that really sounds any good.

I do agree though, there's not a single one of us who really had a clue what we were doing when we first started out.  I had about twice the clue that most of my friends my age had because of a few of my neighbors who did some competing and such, but a lot of what I was taught then and learned along the way was wrong as I later found out.  At least the OP isn't claiming to have 10 years of car audio or competition experience or anything like that.  In most of the conversations I've had with him he's pretty quick to admit he doesn't know a great deal and seems willing to at least hear what we have to say.  Time will tell whether or not he catches on and follows the advice we give him.  I don't know about anyone else but until such time as the situation warrants not spending my time and effort to help I will continue to do so in hopes that he gets headed in the right direction.  Much like is done with so many others, including myself.  biggrin.png

Jigsaw to the doors, really?  Yikes, I was just never that brave, lol.  I'm gonna have to study those pictures a little closer.

the closest car audio shop is nothing but salesman

and ive never been 2 a car audio comp or heard a real system

noone around me knows much

everything i know ive read on forums online

mostly smd

That's one of the shittiest installs I've seen--thanks for sharing.

I literally just spit my beer out when I read that.

Fuckin hilarious

I had a good chuckle too. Damn........Well it's already installed bro, let's see the Youtube vids of it in action.

I have to admit, the doors scare me.  That is if you think that really sounds any good.

I do agree though, there's not a single one of us who really had a clue what we were doing when we first started out.  I had about twice the clue that most of my friends my age had because of a few of my neighbors who did some competing and such, but a lot of what I was taught then and learned along the way was wrong as I later found out.  At least the OP isn't claiming to have 10 years of car audio or competition experience or anything like that.  In most of the conversations I've had with him he's pretty quick to admit he doesn't know a great deal and seems willing to at least hear what we have to say.  Time will tell whether or not he catches on and follows the advice we give him.  I don't know about anyone else but until such time as the situation warrants not spending my time and effort to help I will continue to do so in hopes that he gets headed in the right direction.  Much like is done with so many others, including myself.  biggrin.png

Jigsaw to the doors, really?  Yikes, I was just never that brave, lol.  I'm gonna have to study those pictures a little closer.

mostly smd

Honestly out of all the car audio comps I've been to I hadn't met very many knowledgeable people.

I do agree though, there's not a single one of us who really had a clue what we were doing when we first started out.  I had about twice the clue that most of my friends my age had because of a few of my neighbors who did some competing and such, but a lot of what I was taught then and learned along the way was wrong as I later found out.  At least the OP isn't claiming to have 10 years of car audio or competition experience or anything like that.  In most of the conversations I've had with him he's pretty quick to admit he doesn't know a great deal and seems willing to at least hear what we have to say.  Time will tell whether or not he catches on and follows the advice we give him.  I don't know about anyone else but until such time as the situation warrants not spending my time and effort to help I will continue to do so in hopes that he gets headed in the right direction.  Much like is done with so many others, including myself.  :D

mostly smd

Honestly out of all the car audio comps I've been to I hadn't met very many knowledgeable people.

I was just thinking that haha.

Why aren't you using the DDs?

theyre on one of the brz1200 @ 2ohm

back to 1ohm each DD when the lanzar opti's are gone

Ohh gotcha.

Obviously you need some work on your system lol but I'm sure a lot of us have made stupid mistakes when we first started out. All I wanna say for learning is you will never learn it all and will always learn something new or a better way to do something. Also don't half ass anything!! Don't go to car audio shops for advice either haha ask here!!!!

Im open 2 any advice about my system

all ive got so far is how terrible it is but noones really specific lol

keep in mind the sub box on the backseat is gone

having my amps screwed 2 that fold down part is bad? 

idk where else 2 put them, the box takes the entire trunk

at least i didnt have the geek squad do it    icon_nuts.gif

man when i was 17 i was the same way,

money was always tight, instead of using 4 gauge power wire, i got a some 4 gauge house wire for dirt cheap.

It wasn't the most flexy, but it still worked lol.

I agree use what you have, till you get your funds ups.

It's your system and thats all that should matter is that you are enjoying the sport and having fun. I think alot of ppl lose sight of that part.

edit:

another thought.

I bet even if you had a system installed from BB with some POS kenwood subs and matching amp you would still get crap about it, so as stated your car you install.

but i do agree that flying speakers and amps wouldn't be good, but u have it bolted down so blah

Edited by djjdnap

If you want your backseat functional, make sure the amps will clear the subs when you fold the seat back up before you mount anything.

Edited by BrutalBasser

If you want your backseat functional, make sure the amps will clear the subs when you fold the seat back up before you mount anything.

I have blocks as spacers so the left sub does not hit the optima i have back there thanks tho

and everything is screwed down, even the box

4 gauge house wire wtf!?  haha thats crazy i heard that stuff snaps when its frozen

knu all the way!

One of my friends tried putting a small tv velcro onto his dash off a power inverter

Im open 2 any advice about my system

all ive got so far is how terrible it is but noones really specific lol

keep in mind the sub box on the backseat is gone

at least i didnt have the geek squad do it    icon_nuts.gif

You want specifics?  To start with there's too many speakers for your front stage and the placements are far from ideal for good staging or imaging.  The problem with so many drivers is that it causes issues with cancellations, reflections, and the multiple sources blow away any part of the stage or image being correct right to bits.  The next problem is that the 5" and 6x9" speakers are only screwed to the door card.  It's flimsy and they're likely not sealed good which can cause cancellation issues from the back wave of the speakers meeting the front wave.  The flimsiness of the door card itself will rob bass and midbass output as well, muddy up the midrange and cause distortion.  The subs are still not in an optimal enclosure from what I can recall from discussions about that enclosure.

That's how I see and understand it from my basic and limited knowledge.  The good things are that you have better than average equipment for a beginner (IMO) and you seem to have taken enough care on the installation that everything is safely mounted and fused.  You've got the building blocks to make a pretty decent build for a beginner.

At least, that's how I see it, I'm sure others have differing opinions.

Lol you made me laugh when you said budget because ive seen some 60 dollar installs. ( running double speaker wire together as power wire XD) honestly as long as your fused its fine. If I were to budget build though I would pickup a dayton 12 with nice ported box and a nice amp like a 500/1. Thats just me.

mostly smd

You didn't learn anything from smd, I can tell you that. (I guess that's why you got banned, or because you liked to troll.)

You have no rear stage, that's a plus!