Sign in to follow this  
R3dt34rz

Front Projector H/T setups

I just wanted to post up and see if anyone here is running a projector for HT. I just upgraded to 4k resolution in my theater and love it. I went with the JVC RS4810 and the image is completely mind blowing. Plenty bright on my Carada 126" screen. I've been in H/T for yrs, so I figure I would share my build. My room 14x20, ran on 6 dedicated 20 amp circuits, CAT 6 cable ran to support my 1gb fiber connection. I can stream FLAC files, movies, etc. Speakers I run Polk Audio RTi12s, RTi3s, FXi5s, FXi3s, powered by a D-Sonic Magnum 1000S and Sunfire TGA5400. Subwoofers are dual SVS pb12/plus 2 subs controlled by the Velodyne SMS-1 sub EQ. I'm using the Pioneer SC07 as a pre with a Sony S790, Pioneer bdp51 as CDp, Toshiba XA2 HD DVD, and Monster Power Conditioners.

A few pics:

image_zps902c5da3.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

DSC00749.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

looks amazing!!! 

Very nice!

Nice. I plan on running a projector when I move in to my new house. I'm not going to be on that level yet though; going to be running the Sony HW-50 on a 120" screen.

thats sweet, I have a 1080P projector I just recently set up, would love to see some shots of this thing in action...

thats sweet, I have a 1080P projector I just recently set up, would love to see some shots of this thing in action...

I will post some pics of it. What PJ are you running and how do you like it?

Love it man. I was leaning toward the SVS pb12 but thought the Epik Empire 15 should make me happy.... How are the SVS's?lazy.gif