I have been debating on how to ground multiple runs of 1/0 for my upcoming install. So I figure weld some 5/16 bolts to a length of steel channel bar, then weld that to the body of the car. this would give multiple point fors grounding and I wouldn't have to rely on screwing ring terminals to the sheet metal and risking it coming loose.

1zd9po3.jpg

Nothing wrong with that at all, but I wouldnt go through that trouble.. I have six 2/0 grounds with 5/16's boths attached to my frame. Just grind down to bare metal, drill a hole directly into frame with a titanium bit and use a nice 5/16 bolt with lock washers and nuts. No welding needed.

The flat frame is easier to grind down. Even with your idea the bolts will get corroded and you will have to use a wire brush to get them back to metal anyway if you add grounds down the road.

Seeing how my car is a unibody and technically doesn't have a frame like a truck I really don't that have option.

if youre do that use stainless steel. OR brass/aluminum something that wont rust.or you can always undercoat the weld. because welds rust easy. but you can alway have a ground block made and bolt it to the unibody. i was just thinking today in my machining class of working on a independant project of taking a block of aluminum and machining it down in the CNC Mill and machining holes for 2 grounds and a bolt hole. 

Seeing how my car is a unibody and technically doesn't have a frame like a truck I really don't that have option.

There are still many good places to bolt your grounds. I think it's worth looking over before trying this idea out.

there aren't any bolts large enough to accommodate multiple runs of 1/0 in my trunk, only small grounding points for the rear tail lights, and i don't care to drill big holes in the floor of the trunk.

Edited by NighthawkFG

Thats why giving as much info as possible when asking a question would be fkn helpful. Good luck with your project "mystery machine"

LOL

there aren't any bolts large enough to accommodate multiple runs of 1/0 in my trunk, only small grounding points for the rear tail lights, and i don't care to drill big holes in the floor of the trunk.

Surely you have strut bolts in your trunk. What kind of car is this?

gallery_5_567_598044.jpg

yessir, probably didn't need to be so big lol 2x2

But i had upgrades in mind when i made it.