This might be a semi slow build, I have most of the equipment, but I do need a  few other things to complete it all. I traded my truck in on a 2012 VW Passat about 6 months ago and I've had a stock stereo since. This will be my first time building a ported box, fis\rst experience with a processor (360.3) and my first experience with a 15" sub (SSA X-CON). The X-CON is Dual 1 ohm, so it should be good on the DC 5.0K at 2 ohms (2300 watts nominal). I am keeping the stock head unit, but adding a Rockford Fosgate 360.3 to control everything. The door speakers will be RF T1675's for now powered by a Kicker 350.4. Knuconceptz wire, XS batteries, Dakota Digital volt meter, Second Skin are being used as well.

Passat002.jpg

115XCON_zps6d726b31.png

XCON001_zpsf6513efc.jpg

XCON005_zpse3762883.jpg

DC50006_zps0aa0881b.jpg

005_zps9ad29004.jpg

Nice ride, I really enjoy those new Passats. That 15" XCON is going to rock your car. Tuned in

Nice start.

looking good.... love Vdubs!!!

Good start.

Nice equipments.

VW are strong cars. Won't need too much deadener ;)

What alternator will you run for that much power ?

The'y re easy to find. You're lucky ;)

Great start and equipment! Any plans to seal the trunk off?

so far so good :woot:

Good start.

Nice equipments.

VW are strong cars. Won't need too much deadener wink.png

What alternator will you run for that much power ?

The'y re easy to find. You're lucky wink.png

The new Passats have some pretty thin sheet metal so I plan to eventually do most of the interior and trunk. But for now I'll see how it does without alot of deadener. As of now I am just staying with the stock alt, I haven't seen any high power alternators for this engine yet. It has the 2.5 inline 5 cylinder. I just got one XS XP3000 battery delivered the other day, might need two, but I'll see how it does. Again the 5.0K will only be ran at 2 ohms, so 2300 watts nominal shouldn't be too bad.

Great start and equipment! Any plans to seal the trunk off?

When I get the box put in the trunk after it is painted, I'll work on getting it fully sealed off. There won't be much I have to do to seal it off, this box takes up most of the opening for the seat pass-through.

Box3_zps4c9f1807.jpg

In this picture the box wasn't pushed all the way foward...Just need to make some triangular pieces for the sides and a small stip on the top.

Your box looks very nice!

XCON's are an awesome sub!

Looking great so far, I always liked VW's. 

I played hooky from class tonight and got my box and false floor mocked up.

False floor

falsefloor_zpsbaea1d53.jpg

Moc1_zps57a26985.jpg

Moc2_zps103e3a41.jpg

Moc4_zps40c3c773.jpg

Moc3_zpsc6e944ad.jpg

Moc5_zpscf245e4b.jpg

Moc6_zps146cecce.jpg

My car is filthy and this is just a mock up to see how it all looks and fits. Hopefully soon I can get the box painted and wires ran so this can come to life.

Nice work, nice sub, nice processor.  Glad you are using some deadening/dampening, as new VW's need it bad.

I didn't think they'd be thin as being described here. I had one for about month but it was the previous body style. Got some nice gear man. Off to a nice start. 

Nice work, nice sub, nice processor.  Glad you are using some deadening/dampening, as new VW's need it bad.

Thanks Aaron. I got rid of the RF 360.3, I decided to go with the Alpine INE-Z928HD that has the steering wheel control harness for my car. It doesn't have nearly as much control as the 360.3 does, but it will work for me.

I didn't think they'd be thin as being described here. I had one for about month but it was the previous body style. Got some nice gear man. Off to a nice start. 

Thanks. The new Passats have rediculously thin sheet metal! When it rains it sounds like a hale storm in my car. I've heard of people just leaning on the car and denting it.

Thanks Aaron. I got rid of the RF 360.3, I decided to go with the Alpine INE-Z928HD that has the steering wheel control harness for my car. It doesn't have nearly as much control as the 360.3 does, but it will work for me.

>I didn't think they'd be thin as being described here. I had one for about month but it was the previous body style. Got some nice gear man. Off to a nice start. 

Thanks. The new Passats have rediculously thin sheet metal! When it rains it sounds like a hale storm in my car. I've heard of people just leaning on the car and denting it.

Damn, that sucks. The one I was driving was pretty solid. I guess it was a mid level model. Drove like a champ too. 100mph was amazing in it.

>I didn't think they'd be thin as being described here. I had one for about month but it was the previous body style. Got some nice gear man. Off to a nice start. 

That is part of how they save money to afford to sell it for a good price.  As for the processor, it would be great if you post up a full review on it and the Xcon when everything is all in. :)

Great job man! Tuned in for sure. Please tell us what you think when it is up and running. I plan on getting a 15" XCON for my next sub and am very interested to hear what your thoughts are. Keep it up, looks great!

That is part of how they save money to afford to sell it for a good price.  As for the processor, it would be great if you post up a full review on it and the Xcon when everything is all in. smile.png

The new Passats are still awesome cars. They drive and handle very good, and I am very happy with it. They did do some cost cutting to sell them for a good price as Aaron said, but all-in-all the new Passats are an excellent car.

Aaron, the Alpine INE-Z928HD is an in-dash head unit that plays CD's, DVD's, has navigation and a list of other stuff. It has a harness designed for the new Jettas and Passats that makes it very easy to keep the steering wheel controls, which was a major concern for  me. But when everything is in, I'll let you guys know how well it works and sounds.

Great job man! Tuned in for sure. Please tell us what you think when it is up and running. I plan on getting a 15" XCON for my next sub and am very interested to hear what your thoughts are. Keep it up, looks great!

Thanks handman. Everything I have heard from people who have the XCONs is great! I haven't heard the sub in person yet, but I have been told if you want a bad-ass sub that will get low, loud and still sound good, you can't go wrong with the XCON.

Small update: I decided to make an amp rack. I angled it 35 degrees, and I think it made a huge difference in how it looks back there.

Amprack1_zpsab90e919.jpg

Amprack2_zpsf4c14bc8.jpg

nice job looks very clean so far fing34.gif