lookin good, that xcon is a beast.  lovin the wood work (Y)

looking real good man!!! 

Yeah really nice so far, I look forward to reading a review of the xcon

So I finally got some actual progress! The interior is almost completely pulled out, Got some sound deadener down, the stock head unit out and the new Alpine in. I hooked a PAC-TR7 up and it works perfect. No putting the car in park, pulling the hand break twice and holding the foot brake just to make a change to the settings or change in destination on the GPS... annnnndddddddd I can play dvd's.

I didn't take alot of pictures, but here's a few.

Interior pulled and stuffed in the trunk for the night

003_zps8f87d4ae.jpg

Dash ripped apart, stock head unit still in.

002_zpsafc95991.jpg

Apline INE-Z928HD in and playing Les Mis for my girlfriend. The picture on the screen is very good, the sun was messing with my camera, so it looks like ass in these pics.

007_zps387cf9ae.jpg

006_zpsa27f924b.jpg

Killer work. Nice equipment.

Very nice box, love the layout so far also. :)

So it is in and playing. Not quite done yet, but it sounds good and loudish... not loud compared to most of you guys, but the loudest I've ever had. I didn't take many pics, but you'll get the idea.

z001_zpscccb85a7.jpg

z004_zps428e7860.jpg

z005_zps5fceda74.jpg

z009_zpsa1502a90.jpg

Wow awesome man.  Glad I found this thread. I'm in the process of putting in a ported 12" XCON in my Passat TDI.  I'd love to pick your brain on best practices to get all the trim panels off, power ran, etc.  

did you do the BIG 3 upgrade at least.  Seems like you're running TONS of power for stock electricals. although you do have the battery I guess.

Why not utitlize the rear battery mount that's used for the V6 models?

anyway looks great and looking forward to following this!

Look awesome! Love the fur.

Thanks Nem.

Wow awesome man.  Glad I found this thread. I'm in the process of putting in a ported 12" XCON in my Passat TDI.  I'd love to pick your brain on best practices to get all the trim panels off, power ran, etc.  

did you do the BIG 3 upgrade at least.  Seems like you're running TONS of power for stock electricals. although you do have the battery I guess.

Chad, ask away. I took my time and figured everything out without breaking any of the car. I'd help you out with whatever I can. I haven't done the big 3 yet, one of these days I'll crawl under the engine and take the rock guard off so I can axcess everything. I do have an XS battery up front and one in the trunk. This is a lease car, so I didn't want to drill any holes, evrything I have done can be undone! Thanks for the words.

Thanks Nem.

Chad, ask away. I took my time and figured everything out without breaking any of the car. I'd help you out with whatever I can. I haven't done the big 3 yet, one of these days I'll crawl under the engine and take the rock guard off so I can axcess everything. I do have an XS battery up front and one in the trunk. This is a lease car, so I didn't want to drill any holes, evrything I have done can be undone! Thanks for the words.

Thanks man.  I'm Jealous of your car.  I am now thinking of doing some door speakers hooked up to the factory setup.  I was looking at the RF you got and they look nice.  How do you like them?

I'm probably just going to do the front doors for now.  Can I swap those out without affecting the tweeters up front? how did you hook them up? also I saw you used a spacer. Was that something you purchased? Assuming it was necessary to use.  Also what size is stock in the door?

Sorry for all the questions. Appreciate your help!

Chad - The Rockfords I have are nice, but they sit too far out with that thing that holds the tweeter on. The door panel doesn't sit flush against the door right now, there is about a 1/8" gap now. Not a big deal, but I was planning on upgrading to some Hertz in the future anyway.

The stock speakers are connected with a plug, so I'm not sure if the stock tweeter would still work unless you tapped into it. I ran all new speaker wire to the Rockfords.

The spacer is a must. I made mine out of 3/4" ply. I think the stock speakers were 6 1/2".

PM me if you have anymore questions.

That looks great. :)

Looking good!

Nice!

Nothing better then a sex con! Looks killer!