Abram Cabrera

what is fi bl subs max power handeling ?

There is no direct answer. Only one way to find out start throwing power at it.

That's because MAX power ratings are useless and more often than not full out marketing hype and lies.  MAX power is useless because there's no set limit for subs and speakers.  Depending on the application and installation that number could be considerably higher or barely higher than the RMS rating.  Forget about MAX power ratings and concentrate on a quality installation.

1500 watts.

That's because MAX power ratings are useless and more often than not full out marketing hype and lies. MAX power is useless because there's no set limit for subs and speakers. Depending on the application and installation that number could be considerably higher or barely higher than the RMS rating. Forget about MAX power ratings and concentrate on a quality installation.

I hate when people call me on Craigslist and ask the max power. Then I have to explain to them that it's useless and only use rms. they'll either understand and learn something new or be a ignorant little ass and tell me I don't know what I'm talkin about lol funny people

But yea OP don't look at anythings max or peak. Always look at the rms watts of something. If your asking about the max rms the sub will take before failure, that's totally different.

Edited by Bassink

I'd say around 13,000w for my application.

Mechanics would be a problem after that point.

Do people still worry about this thing called "PEAK" these days? 

Why waste time with such a worthless word......

hes only goin off what he has been told in the past.. or by the guy at the local shop.. or hell.. even the car audio mags at the 7-11

peak  is tricky thing,.

a guy like swift may be able to put 10000 watts to a pair of BL on a burp,  while a more novist user like your self may have a hard time putting 4 K to a pair on a burp.

it has WAY too many varibiles .... box size,  port area, CLEAN power avalible  Hrz  range, loading envoroment  so on and so forth...

if your looking for to truly know how about you can throw at these subs on a daily app ill share with you  that i personaly ran a SAZ 3000D on a pair of 15 inch BLs fully loaded in 6 cubes tuned at 35 hrtz or so.... they did great daily.

so i would say if your looking at a pair for daily. and your a new user then a true 3K  correctly set up with a good electrical back bone will do the trick, they are great with newb abuse too IMO.

If it was me, I would get a 2k ems amp per sub, and adjust gain accordingly.