Sign in to follow this  
mklett33

Advanced Sketchup Functions for Sub Box Design- How to with Video

Hey guys, so after posting my orginal video a few months ago about how to design a sub box using Google (Now "Trimble") Sketchup questions started rolling in about some of the more "advanced" features.

Which this video to check it out!

Sweet, this one didnt help me as much as your first one did. I figured most of it out after i watched your first on it. Also, you dont have to click and drag to select the piece you created either, like you did for top for the flush mount. Once you have your new piece created you can double click on it and it will select all the sides and it wont select the piece underneath it as long as the piece under it has already been grouped.

Sweet, this one didnt help me as much as your first one did. I figured most of it out after i watched your first on it. Also, you dont have to click and drag to select the piece you created either, like you did for top for the flush mount. Once you have your new piece created you can double click on it and it will select all the sides and it wont select the piece underneath it as long as the piece under it has already been grouped.

Yeah the first one was a lot more in depth, people were just asking questions about the few things I left out. I didn't know that, just tried it, thanks man! I am an Engineer so very accustom to these programs, I use SolidWorks professionally, but wow, I never thought to try double clicking, haha thanks again.  

Yeah the first one was a lot more in depth, people were just asking questions about the few things I left out. I didn't know that, just tried it, thanks man! I am an Engineer so very accustom to these programs, I use SolidWorks professionally, but wow, I never thought to try double clicking, haha thanks again.  

What box calc do you use?

no problem, I figured that I would share that tip with you since it saves a bunch of time overall. I found it out because when im building the box in sketchup, I like to build off of the bottom panel instead of one piece at a time, then putting them all together. Keep up the good vids, I have learned a ton from them.