Looking for a bit of advice on purchasing a new amp/amps.

Ill be running a pair of D2 crossfire XSV2 15s tuned around 30hz.

My dilemma is whether I would get more out of (ie more power, less rise):

A pair of 2.5k amps (probably Skar 2500), bridged and wired to 1ohm each

OR

A single 5k amp run at .5ohm

Electrical is:

2 runs 1/0 OFC (one is knu, other is memphis) and 1/0 Big 3

Kinetic HC2400 up front

3 deka group 34 AGMs in the back (55ah a piece, 750cca)

270a-320a altenator (will be added after amps)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by sexterra

The box will have to do with rise and not an amplifier, so that is not gonna get answered. I rather do one big amp but most people like strapping, it will come down to personal preference really.

The

box will have to do with rise and not an amplifier, so that is not

gonna get answered. I rather do one big amp but most people like

strapping, it will come down to personal preference really.

Thats true, but the starting impedance will have to do with rise...

The box will be the same regardless of which route.

so im pretty sure i would rise to a lower load after rise if i ran a single amp at .5ohms than ran 2 amps at 1ohm each.

^is that correct?

Edited by sexterra

The

box will have to do with rise and not an amplifier, so that is not

gonna get answered. I rather do one big amp but most people like

strapping, it will come down to personal preference really.

Thats true, but the starting impedance will have to do with rise...

The box will be the same regardless of which route.

so im pretty sure i would rise to a lower load after rise if i ran a single amp at .5ohms than ran 2 amps at 1ohm each.

^is that correct?

Even so, I don't think there would be much of an audible difference if any at all.

Go on which is cheaper

Wouldn't both at 1 ohm be more efficient than the 5k at .5 ohms?

Go on which is cheaper

I can get either 2 skar 2.5k's or a nendo 5.5k for about the same price. So i guess its down to which id rather have.

Wouldn't both at 1 ohm be more efficient than the 5k at .5 ohms?

I honestly dont know, thats part of my dilemma. I guess it comes down to which one will be nicer on my electrical

Rob from dc did testing on strapping 2 smaller vs 1 bigger amp and he got better results from the 1 bigger amp. That and I would take the Cendo over the skars anyday.

I would go 2 amps because if you are going to daily @ .5 ohms, i can imagine it wouldnt sound quite as good than if it was 1 ohm. im basing that off of the fact that the higher the impedance  typically means better SQ 

I would run the Crescendo at .5 all day over running 2 Skar amps.

Is this for competition or strictly for street beating?

Just run the single amp, have to match everything on the two amps, and after rising and such none of it will ever be .5 ohms. Won't notice the difference in powers anyways.

single big amp. cendo

Just run the single amp, have to match everything on the two amps, and after rising and such none of it will ever be .5 ohms. Won't notice the difference in powers anyways.

If you are strapping amps you don't need to match everything on both amps. You only need to set the master amp, just fyi.

Also, first post was a little unclear, each sub at 1ohm strapped would end up with a 2ohm nominal load, vs the .5 on single amp. Im thinking the two amps would be alot easier on my electrical and easier on the amps, but rise could be pretty bad.

Look into the flatline ba1. Serious 5k amp.

Id be interested, but theyre around 1500, that a decent bit more then what id be paying for my other options.

2 BC2000ds strapped

Id rather do the 3.5s strapped. Im looking into it.

Daily and demos. not in for numbers, just loud to the ear.

If you are strapping amps you don't need to match everything on both amps. You only need to set the master amp, just fyi.

Learn something new everyday thank you sir.

I thought they were of the same brand. I would take the bc5500 over the skars.

If you had skars the amps would be at 1 ohm each.

Do you already have the subs? Is that why you need to have a final ohm load of .5 or 2? I'm not sure if you said it was for daily or not, but if it is, why not 2 bc2ks like R3dt34rz strapped? You won't hear a difference in output from the two amps strapped to the 1 bigger amp. Also the two bc2ks would be cheaper.

Also, first post was a little unclear, each sub at 1ohm strapped would end up with a 2ohm nominal load, vs the .5 on single amp. Im thinking the two amps would be alot easier on my electrical and easier on the amps, but rise could be pretty bad.

Daily and demos. not in for numbers, just loud to the ear.

Stop worrying about impedance "rise".  The term as it's typically used is simply the impedance curve of the driver.....which you can't do anything about.

If this is for daily, why 5kw at all?  If you are really worried about "rise", you'd consider the fact that power compression is going to be very high at that level.

I thought they were of the same brand. I would take the bc5500 over the skars.

If you had skars the amps would be at 1 ohm each.

Do you already have the subs? Is that why you need to have a final ohm load of .5 or 2? I'm not sure if you said it was for daily or not, but if it is, why not 2 bc2ks like R3dt34rz strapped? You won't hear a difference in output from the two amps strapped to the 1 bigger amp. Also the two bc2ks would be cheaper.

negative on same brand. Im pretty sure skars are chinese and crescendos are korean boards.

Right.

And yes, I have them already. Got them in a trade for me 05 re xxx + cash. pretty solid trade. 

Id like a little more power than 2x2k on em, i had my aq2200d on one of em and it laughed at it. these bitches are STIFF

When I said same brand I meant comparing sundown amps or audioque or crescendo like comparing different amps from the same company.

You won't need 5.5k on them. You won't here a difference between 4k and 5.5k. It's kind of a waste if you want to spend more money.

When I said same brand I meant comparing sundown amps or audioque or crescendo like comparing different amps from the same company.

You won't need 5.5k on them. You won't here a difference between 4k and 5.5k. It's kind of a waste if you want to spend more money.

Oh, wasnt sure which brands you were referring to.

And if i was going to go that route I already messed up by selling my AQ2200d haha. But I think I'll spend the money and get the 5.5k.

Yea it's your choice. At least your going to get a good amp though.