Sign in to follow this  
tburt915

Best amp to power a fully loaded 12in fi bl

Just lookin for some input on an amp that will power a fully loaded 12in fi bl at 1 ohm. My sub will be here this week so i want to order my amp soon. Any input will help. Please state the amp/amps you reccomend and why.

budget please

I push mine with a MTX TA81001 but its no longer available but its more than enough and the SAZ-1500 V.3 THEBrutalBasser suggested is perfect. for it.

I was originally looking ot buy the Hifonics Brutus 1700.1 but I think id rather spend the extra couple hundred for better quality. I dont want to spwnd more than around 500 bucks

I was originally looking ot buy the Hifonics Brutus 1700.1 but I think id rather spend the extra couple hundred for better quality. I dont want to spwnd more than around 500 bucks

You get what you pay for and then some with Sundown. :)

I push mine with a MTX TA81001 but its no longer available but its more than enough and the SAZ-1500 V.3 thaBrutalBasser suggested is perfect. for it.

I used to run that same amp on a T9515-44. Good amps.

Then you will be very pleased with the Sundown, it will last forever.

The Hifonics is no match for the Sundown. Like I said before, you pay for what you get.

how many rms would the sundown put out at 1 ohm running at 14v? it says 1500 but some amps are underrated like RF.

Go for the hifonics brutus 1700 the extra cash in the pocket is way worth it. for the price this amp will impress you :)

If you had time i would say pick one up used but your in a rush.

how many rms would the sundown put out at 1 ohm running at 14v? it says 1500 but some amps are underrated like RF.

@14v every bit of it maybe more. I think you mean some amps are over rated. How do you know RF is one of these brands?

Go for the hifonics brutus 1700 the extra cash in the pocket is way worth it. for the price this amp will impress you smile.png

If you had time i would say pick one up used but your in a rush.

I have to disagree there. I doubt the Hifonics performs near as well as the Sundown as I have experience with both amplifiers.

The reviews ive read say the RF t1000 puts out close to 1500 and the RF t1500 puts out close to 1900 rms. Im thinking of maybe buying the t1500 but it doesnt have a subsonic filter

The reviews ive read say the RF t1000 puts out close to 1500 and the RF t1500 puts out close to 1900 rms. Im thinking of maybe buying the t1500 but it doesnt have a subsonic filter

I misunderstood your post. Sounded like you were trying to ask if it does rated power or under rms rating. The Rockford does have subsonic, but it's set at 28hz I believe and it's a push button on or off.

Edited by BrutalBasser

so since the sundown saz1500 and the RF t1500 are both around the same price and i have just seen post of them do 1900 rms on a clamp test, which amp would be best?

I would go Sundown for quality and to support the SSA store!

To allow that amp to put out full power would a kinetic 1200 as an extra battery in the back be enough with stock electrical?

How big is your stock alternator?

If you do your big 3 upgrade, adding a secondary battery should work just fine. 

EDIT: Keep in mind if you add the Kinetik, you will also need to use like type battery under the hood too.

Edited by BrutalBasser

will the 12in BL be able to take 1900 rms?

Lol, that's why amps have gain settings. If it's too much, turn the gain down, not enough turn it up a bit. I'm sure the sub will be alright as long as you are responsible with it.

Sign in to follow this