NineSevenHB

So how much can the Evil really take??

LMAO.... see there.... I just simply asked how much can the EVILs take??? What is the purpose of talking shit to me??....I mean, really?? I have been out of the game since my daughter was born in '99 and I had my wall of old school VEGA Stroker 18's (the ugly ones,lol) running off old school Orion HCCA amps.... A LOT has changed since then, yes... I'm not a "newbie", just behind times a little bit. I am just trying to play catch up, here. I'm interested in the EVIL....and I'm about to spend a solid chunk of money here, and I'm just trying to get a feel as to what amp to run to it.... No, i'm not going to compete, so I'm not really asking what they can take in a burping situation... and I apologize for not making that clear, sorry... I guess I could have been more detailed in my goals. I'm really just going for a daily ground pounder, to and from work, and demos and shit... 

Sorry I heated anybody up, here...... Hope everyone get's to feelin' better soon. Thank you to those that conversed with me in a way that allowed me to decide on the 3500Ds... CHEERS

It's not sinking in is it?

I agree with the Crescendo 3500 recommendation as well.  When it comes to powering subs and daily systems I tend to recommend hovering somewhere around RMS rating as well but I'm of the opinion that there's no such thing as underpowering a sub either.  I would imagine that even 1.5 or 2kw would even yield more than suitable results, at least for myself.  Of course I wouldn't likely be able to resist giving that beast a 3500 either if I was to spend the money on one, lol.

Your first post didn't include a great deal of information and quite frankly mimicked many of the newblet posts we see.  It is kinda hard not to be a bit of a smart ass when someone who has no business using a sub like that and who probably wouldn't ever actually buy said sub anyway asks a question like that because as Jon said, it's a loaded one.  Seeing as how you're no newblet and appear to have a working brain with a grasp on how to use it the best thing to have done would have been to start with some of what you posted in the #8 post along with your actual goals and what you were really asking and wanting to know.  I am certain that aside from a little kiddin around you would have gotten the answers you had expected.  You became a member on this forum for the same reason that pretty much all of us joined and love this forum for.  Despite a few smart remarks don't get discouraged, these are a bunch of really good guys whose combined knowledge and experience is second to none.  I hope you continue to enjoy the forum and take the smart assin' as a little bit of new member hazing, lol.  Welcome to the forum John, you're about to buy and use some world class equipment.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it or not, but maximum power handling is relative and cannot be answered until tested and found in a particular install.

^^^

IE sealed = more power

Higher tuning = more power

lower tuning = less power

sealed and higher tuning doesn't give the sub an exhaustive workout as 20hz and below would.

I could be wrong tho..Bonjour

I do not have my gains set low by any means. Not did I have them set low on the zcon. For both the zcon and evil, I set the gain to max on the bc5500. When I say max I mean max before it reaches clipping or any signs of distress from the sub. The subwoofer will tell you how much it can take and in every vehicle, it will be different. take this with a grain of salt. My gain is at ~ 12 o'clock right now and I'm only limited by my electrical back bone. Next month that won't be the issue as I'll be putting even more power to the evil with more electrical.