NineSevenHB

So how much can the Evil really take??

I am planning on going with a SSA Evil 15 in a blow through in my regular cab Nissan Hardbody. I was planning on running 4000rms to it....maybe a pinch bit more. I know there aren't many of these in people's rides just yet, but for those that know, how well will this beast take 4000rms? -and I'm gunna have the electrical all done,too....just fyi-

Thanks in advance eek5wavey.gif

-John-

They're rated for 3250, so why put more?  You'll never hear a difference.

Agreed, buy a 3 or 3.5k and call it a day.

if you have to ask.....

if you have to ask.....

I wanted to, but you know. . . . Nice. . . .

if you have to ask.....

Evil amounts! :ghost:

lol..one crescendo 3500 At 1ohm on my zcon  8.03net volume ported :) purrrssss like a kitten!

if you have to ask.....

can anyone ask anything on here, without a smartass answer?... I'm just simply tossing up between the Crescendo Audio 3500D and the Lanzar Opti6000D.... I was thinking of the Lanzar, because it's rated at 4000rms @ 2 ohm and 6000rms at 1 ohm... I was going to get dual 1 ohm coils and run it at 2 ohm, then eventually upgrade to another dual 1 ohm Evil, and run the amp at  1 ohm, giving em 3000rms a pop... but if I go Crescendo, I would get dual 2 ohm coils, run it at 1 ohm, then if I decide on another EVIL 15, I could always get another 3500D . I'm just trying to pick at ya'lls thoughts and knowledge on the product.  I'm getting back into car audio again. It's been awhile, but I'm not handicapped to it. I was just wondering if 3250rms was on the underrated side, or if I should probably just stick to that general area of power? I know ya'll probably think I'm some newbie, because I'm new on here... but really, I just always hated forums, because of all the trash talk, every time someone tries to ask a question to learn something. Everyone is cocky, and tries to make people feel stupid....almost as bad as youtube thugs... BUT, I joined SSA, because I felt like this site seemed different, and everyone seemed to be open to be a help to those that had questions, even if the question seemed a bit ridiculous to them. I noticed, for the most part, that people on here try to help each other out.... Not to mention,there are an awesome amount of builds and project to learn from.... But then again, I browse around on here, and see people asking questions about something, and some know it all punk puts his two pennies in, and tries to make em feel stupid for asking a question that "they" think is retarded, and in the end, never even answered their question at all. 

I guess what I'm saying is, I like this site.... I kinda stepped out of my box to give this forum a shot, in hope that it's as laid back and drama free ass possible... and for the most part, it seems that way. All I ask, is that you don't  give me a reason to not like this forum. If I ask a stupid question...don't tell me it's stupid... tell me WHY it's stupid, and feed me some knowledge, so I can make it LESS stupid. hahaha

anyway, I hope I meet some chill people on here... and if there is some peeps in Atlanta area, hit me up. Cheers 

They're rated for 3250, so why put more?  You'll never hear a difference.

Agreed, buy a 3 or 3.5k and call it a day.

and thank you for the input....that was what I was wondering, to help me decide on what kind of amp to roll with...I may just go with the Crescendo 3500's Thanks trink40.gif

If you are torn between those two amps, here is some glue to help mend you together. Crescendo compared to Lanzar is like big tits to no tits. Go for the Crescendo man.

If you are torn between those two amps, here is some glue to help mend you together. Crescendo compared to Lanzar is like big tits to no tits. Go for the Crescendo man.

hahaha, touche' sir. Yeah, I was kinda thinking that too... I have seen A LOT more people running Crescendo amps with thumbs up, than people rocking the Lanzars. But I also have heard people say some good things about the Lanzar Optidrive line.... but I feel better about Crescendo, just from reading up and everyone's experiences... What's up with the dude on here running the Crescendo 5500D on the EVIL 18? Is he pushing the 5500 watts to that EVIL, or is it turned way down? huh2.gif

PA&E tested the 6000d a long time ago and it barely broke 4,000w on a typical 12v system.

There's a reason why the 4000d and the 6000d were sold on ebay for only $40 difference when first released if not still...

they almost do the same power..

I would try a 25, 000 watt and and go from there

LOL....that's an idea. good point. 

hahaha, touche' sir. Yeah, I was kinda thinking that too... I have seen A LOT more people running Crescendo amps with thumbs up, than people rocking the Lanzars. But I also have heard people say some good things about the Lanzar Optidrive line.... but I feel better about Crescendo, just from reading up and everyone's experiences... What's up with the dude on here running the Crescendo 5500D on the EVIL 18? Is he pushing the 5500 watts to that EVIL, or is it turned way down? huh2.gif

I'm not sure where his amp is set, but Sencheezy has a nice setup.

PA&E tested the 6000d a long time ago and it barely broke 4,000w on a typical 12v system.

There's a reason why the 4000d and the 6000d were sold on ebay for only $40 difference when first released if not still...

they almost do the same power..

THERE we go.... that is very helpful information, right there. I think I made up my mind on the amp, then. Plus the Crescendo is a pretty sexy looking amp, that performs well, from what I've seen/heard.

hahaha, touche' sir. Yeah, I was kinda thinking that too... I have seen A LOT more people running Crescendo amps with thumbs up, than people rocking the Lanzars. But I also have heard people say some good things about the Lanzar Optidrive line.... but I feel better about Crescendo, just from reading up and everyone's experiences... What's up with the dude on here running the Crescendo 5500D on the EVIL 18? Is he pushing the 5500 watts to that EVIL, or is it turned way down? :huh2:
They can take more but it wouldn't be worth the added expenses, unless you compete and have the money to invest in that type of setup. The audible difference between ~3000 watts and 5500 would be minimal if any.

I've been in the game for a while and either end of this year or next, i'll be open to swap for 4 new 18s.

Evils is one of the choices right now..

Whatever i'd go with, they'd be ran on a 5500d but at 0.4ohm for 30sec.

Now, i do not damage subs either as i test their abilities prior to competing but i'd say the Evil's could probably survive my install without any moderate attenuation which is a good thing.

Edited by shizzzon

no one is trying to ne an asshole,

like i said if you have to ask... THEN FOLLOW THE FRIGGIN RMS suggestions.

meaning..  someone that has vast knolage can run 10K to that sub.. and not blow it...  does that mean that someone should tell you the answer to your question  is 10k??????????? no.. because YOU problably should not run over 3250 watts to it... because YOU  dont understand how it works.... yet.

so you asked a loaded question.

you got  the newb responce because you are a newb......  get it?

dont be so ass hurt...  maybe you should word your questions diffrently.

i would personaly run  a NS-1  or a 7.5 K at .25 in the lanes and 1 ohm daily......  to a single sub....

but should you?

if you have to ask.....

can anyone ask anything on here, without a smartass answer?... I'm just simply tossing up between the Crescendo Audio 3500D and the Lanzar Opti6000D.... I was thinking of the Lanzar, because it's rated at 4000rms @ 2 ohm and 6000rms at 1 ohm... I was going to get dual 1 ohm coils and run it at 2 ohm, then eventually upgrade to another dual 1 ohm Evil, and run the amp at  1 ohm, giving em 3000rms a pop... but if I go Crescendo, I would get dual 2 ohm coils, run it at 1 ohm, then if I decide on another EVIL 15, I could always get another 3500D . I'm just trying to pick at ya'lls thoughts and knowledge on the product.  I'm getting back into car audio again. It's been awhile, but I'm not handicapped to it. I was just wondering if 3250rms was on the underrated side, or if I should prolly just stick to that general area of power? I know ya'll probably think I'm some newbie, because I'm new on here... but really, I just always hated forums, because of all the trash talk, every time someone tries to ask a question to learn something. Everyone is cocky, and tries to make people feel stupid....almost as bad as youtube thugs... BUT, I joined SSA, because I felt like this site seemed different, and everyone seemed to be open to be a help to those that had questions, even if the question seemed a bit ridiculous to them. I noticed, for the most part, that people on here try to help each other out.... Not to mention,there are an awesome amount of builds and project to learn from.... But then again, I browse around on here, and see people asking questions about something, and some know it all punk puts his two pennies in, and tries to make em feel stupid for asking a question that "they" think is retarded, and in the end, never even answered their question at all. 

I guess what I'm saying is, I like this site.... I kinda stepped out of my box to give this forum a shot, in hope that it's as laid back and drama free ass possible... and for the most part, it seems that way. All I ask, is that you don't  give me a reason to not like this forum. If I ask a stupid question...don't tell me it's stupid... tell me WHY it's stupid, and feed me some knowledge, so I can make it LESS stupid. hahaha

anyway, I hope I meet some chill people on here... and if there is some peeps in Atlanta area, hit me up. Cheers 

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.  If you get sand in your vag, wash it out.  If you can't take any form of criticism or sarcasm, c-ya!  

LMAO.... see there.... I just simply asked how much can the EVILs take??? What is the purpose of talking shit to me??....I mean, really?? I have been out of the game since my daughter was born in '99 and I had my wall of old school VEGA Stroker 18's (the ugly ones,lol) running off old school Orion HCCA amps.... A LOT has changed since then, yes... I'm not a "newbie", just behind times a little bit. I am just trying to play catch up, here. I'm interested in the EVIL....and I'm about to spend a solid chunk of money here, and I'm just trying to get a feel as to what amp to run to it.... No, i'm not going to compete, so I'm not really asking what they can take in a burping situation... and I apologize for not making that clear, sorry... I guess I could have been more detailed in my goals. I'm really just going for a daily ground pounder, to and from work, and demos and shit... 

Sorry I heated anybody up, here...... Hope everyone get's to feelin' better soon. Thank you to those that conversed with me in a way that allowed me to decide on the 3500Ds... CHEERS

I will only be using 3000 on my evil. More than enough power for a daily ground pounder.

I will only be using 3000 on my evil. More than enough power for a daily ground pounder.

Damn, I have 5k in my ground pounder. Maybe I should back off the powa.. Lol

Damn, I have 5k in my ground pounder. Maybe I should back off the powa.. Lol

Yeah, I think that 3500D will do just fine in my case, and play it safe.

hey Brutal, how do you like those Crescendo PWX's for just singing over the bass? I was thinking about fiberglassing 2 in each of my doors. I'm running Focal components right now, but I'm afraid they may not sing loud enough over the EVIL when I get it in there... Let's face it, I'm not going for SQ... but I'd like to have loud, clean mids.