Chris Doyle

Mounting Depths of SSD 12

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase some SSD 12's for my Camaro,  but have some questions about the mounting depths.

I've tried contacting FI for these measurements,  but I haven't heard back from them. 

Basically,  I'm building my box in the storage well in the back that will be flush with the rest of the floor.

These cars have an odd shape in that well,  sort of a T Shape.   On the passenger side,  I'm nervous that the ledge might cause interferance with the basket. 

The specs on the FI site,  say the mounting depth is 6.5 inches,  but I think that is from dead center of the magnet.    From the pics it looks like basket tappers in,  so I've attached a picture I found of an SSD and was wondering if anyone could take some measurements that I've outlined.

SSD-Specs.png

Thanks!

Chris

Does anyone here have a SSD 12,  that could take some measurements for me?

Or does anyone know another way to get ahold of someone at FI that could answer this for me?  They didn't respond to the presale email I sent them earlier in the week.  

Can anyone help me?

Shawn emailed me back,  asked me some questions on what I needed.  I replied back with my answers,  but then I never heard from him again.   It's going on 2 weeks since I first emailed them.

I really wanted to support FI and buy my subs from them.   But I'm starting to think there isn't much in ways of customer support,  and if I were to have a problem with the subs I would be out of luck.   Is this normal from them?

The basket width is going to be the cutout diameter that is listed on their site. That is a standard 12" basket so that height is ~3". That just leaves the magnet width.

Thank You, this helps.

Looks like the cutout diameter is 11.12 inches,  is that correct.

Knowing that the height of the basket is 3 inches helps.  Does the basket taper in at all?

Yes the basket does taper in quite a bit. Estimating at the bottom of the spokes looks to be roughly 10".