Sign in to follow this  
KyleBrown

Funkin Audio 00ga review

I picked up 7 spools of the funkin audio 00ga or 2/0. 

It's tinned wire, it's pretty much 2/0, it's a good price and it's solid as a rock lol. The strands are nice and they're tight. The jacket sucks, I won't lie. You'll definitely need to heat it up to get it to bend half assed decent. The jacket is thick as hell, so you get plenty of protection. The wire itself looks as big as kicker hyper flex and welding 2/0. I don't have my calipers, so oh well. 

Overall it's a good buy for wire that should outlast the life of you car lol. Just not flexible. 

On to the pics. 

left to right

FA 00, DIYMA 0ga, old stinger expert, kicker hyper flex, welding 2/0, AT OFC 0ga, KNU KCA, stinger pro

20130301_151844_zps57f161e5.jpg

20130301_151729_zps2a51295f.jpg

20130301_151823_zpsdc7d963a.jpg

20130301_151751_zps1b392a62.jpg

20130301_151943_zps3c808bf1.jpg

FA 00 jacket on a quarter 

20130301_150742_zps5fc91724.jpg

Edited by armykyle1

It looks like the Knu 1/0 has more wire?

That knu is CCA which voids itself in performance with everything else... 

The Welding Cable 2/0 and Diymas cable look to be the largest.. however, i do not know what kind of cable Diyma is but i can tell you that welding cable will ALWAYS give you the best bang for your buck because it's pure copper, properly sized and simply the cheapest cable out there.

4/0 cable for less than $4/ft shipped.

Not even Skyhigh's cable is that cheap and it's the only 4/0 car audio cable i know of.

Great review. I started going with welding cable though, and never looked back. Too many variations in "car audio" cable and its more expensive.

The thing about the knu, diyma 0ga, AT 0ga is the strands are very loose and it slides in the jacket so it appears to be larger than it is. I prefer a wire that is very tight which keeps it from fraying. The down side of the welding lead is the fact it's untreated copped so it's pron to corrosion in the elements. Granted you can use no oz and some shrink tube. The diyma is tinned cca. So it's cca with a silver tinning. The other thing I didn't like the welding lead is the thicker strands and in theory, the bigger strand occupy more space with less wire if that make sense. Overall I've been happy with the purchase. My least favorite wire I've used so far was the AT ofc. It's "undersized" compared to other car audio brands, it's not tinned and it's loose as fawk in the jacket. 

Looks like we just got a review of all kinds of wire in that last post, hehe.

Welding cable thickness.. regardless that it uses larger guage strands, it still must conform to the standard.  It still fits in the proper terminal\insert, etc it is made for.  

flexibility-  CCI's Royal Excelene dominates that area.

Corrosion.. True.. i cant argue with that.

I can't find it anywhere, where could I pick up 4/0?

Empire wire and supply sells it the cheapest.

Acdcelectricparts is their ebay store bulk order name for another ~10% off.

Welding supply house or a electrical wholesale house.

Sweet thanks :)

Just remember, it is pointless to measure the overall diameter of ANY stranded cable, it tells you absolutely nothing.

You need to measure the diameter of an individual conductor and then multiply that by strand count to calculate gauge.  Any other measurement than this is completely misleading...

Welding cable thickness.. regardless that it uses larger guage strands, it still must conform to the standard.  It still fits in the proper terminal\insert, etc it is made for.  

I like to pass on as much as I can. I've used numerous wires and I'll continue to do so :)

Just remember, it is pointless to measure the overall diameter of ANY stranded cable, it tells you absolutely nothing.

You need to measure the diameter of an individual conductor and then multiply that by strand count to calculate gauge.  Any other measurement than this is completely misleading...

I'll agree. You could also weigh given lengths. 

I like to pass on as much as I can. I've used numerous wires and I'll continue to do so smile.png

>Just remember, it is pointless to measure the overall diameter of ANY stranded cable, it tells you absolutely nothing.

I'll agree. You could also weigh given lengths. 

hell yea i like to get good deals

on a side not the ex flex is the best cable ive bought in  a long time at any price point