cdubbin90

fi ssd 15 rattle

So I got 3 15 in dual 2s wired in series tuned to 33hz on an audiopipe 30001d amp isn't turned up a little under half no clipping and as normal subs gets a little warm never hot enough to where u can smell the coils burning up. Now my issue i ran into today Is I was listening to them going to lunch with no problems and shut the truck off and came back out and just turned system on and how I can describe it is one of the subs instantly started to make a distorted rattling noise... kinda sounds like the sub is farting all lower frequency but not noticeable at higher frequencys. I pulled speaker out and the coils dont have any noticeable scratching or rubbing.. Now I'm just stumbled on wat the issue could possibly be.? sub still works and hits just as hard as before but with a distorted rattle noise. Any help would be apappreciated thank you

Edited by cdubbin90

So I got 3 15 in dual 2s wired in series tuned to 33hz on an audiopipe 30001d amp isn't turned up a little under half no clipping and as normal subs gets a little warm never hot enough to where u can smell the coils burning up. Now my issue i ran into today Is I was listening to them going to lunch with no problems and shut the truck off and came back out and just turned system on and how I can describe it is one of the subs instantly started to make a distorted rattling noise... kinda sounds like the sub is farting all lower frequency but not noticeable at higher frequencys. I pulled speaker out and the coils dont have any noticeable scratching or rubbing. Now I'm just stumbled on wat could this issue possibly be sub still works and hits just as hard as before but with a distortedrattle noise. Any help would be apappreciated thank you

Check the dust cap. See if you can tape around it then play it to see if the noise stops.

above post ... also see if the knovking felt is still in place on the rear side of the cone .

if those things are done and the rattle remains it could be the soldering of the tinselleads under the dustcap , , it can be repaired but you will need some CA glue .

might have swelled the former off of the wire on the coil..does it scratch or anything when you put it in?

edit read that too fast..

the dustcap could be a little lose and causing it to do something a bit weird, that is odd though

I took dust cap off I posted a video and tagged your guys facebook page in it I'm confused because if u press up on cone and tap on cone it dosent do it same as if you press down on cone it won't do it only if cone is free air it does it. I thought it was dust cap too but not so lucky :-/