WrenchGuy1

2010 Malibu SQish

Any chance you are going to renew that IA with there new line up?

And your build is great.

Ive hardly played this one...lol  I hope they didnt change much cuz then its almost necessary.

How does it sound with the rear seats up vs down? I'm starting to dislike keeping my back seats down

Sounds good seats up actually.....just when they are down I was tinkering with the slope a little bit more.....havent really fined it in just yet...no mids to blend.

I just like the fact I can tailor the sub in this configuration....closed off in the trunk always seemed like a set and forget sorta thing but THIS is fantastic...no problems on the chesty kick drums even from back there.  Once the blending and such are all figured out I will have it dialed for sure.

Alright, cleaned everything up.  Assuming I didnt forget anything its ready to head for the final stuff.  The zip ties are gone now lol just temp while figuring out routing.

20131113_205124_zpsfd33b0d8.jpg

Recoat and carry on I suppose.

primedrack_zps51dd6548.jpg

How does it sound with the rear seats up vs down? I'm starting to dislike keeping my back seats down

Sounds good seats up actually.....just when they are down I was tinkering with the slope a little bit more.....havent really fined it in just yet...no mids to blend.

I just like the fact I can tailor the sub in this configuration....closed off in the trunk always seemed like a set and forget sorta thing but THIS is fantastic...no problems on the chesty kick drums even from back there. Once the blending and such are all figured out I will have it dialed for sure.

I'm having a hell of a time enjoying my system with the seats up. Probably due to not actually sealing it off. I just stuffed sweatshirts around the box.

Guy over on smd is doing a Malibu with a 4th firing through the rear deck. Looks clean and seems to solve my particular problem just looks like a tough build.

Looking good man!

seal it off....Its a HUGE deal.

Dude is probably that Skar guy?  He's on the malibu forum too

The seats dont completely trap any type of air unless you built it to near the sides. probably just getting cancellation to the trunk.

Yea a more sealed off trunk is next. Also have not touched the rear deck with any deadener.

Guy on smd may be that guy I donno. Looks like BHE is building it

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/176739-bhe-11-malibu-4th-order-trunk-rebuild-almost-finished-mmmmm/page-5#entry2634818

Yea a more sealed off trunk is next. Also have not touched the rear deck with any deadener.Guy on smd may be that guy I donno. Looks like BHE is building ithttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/176739-bhe-11-malibu-4th-order-trunk-rebuild-almost-finished-mmmmm/page-5#entry2634818

Yeah Robin at BHE is building two Malibu's one being the skar guy(Maliboom) and one not. This Malibu with the Warden 12s and CT Sounds 7k is not the Skar guy. That is one beautiful in trunk build.

Op keep up the good work, nice creativity and attention to detail. Makes me wanna tidy up some things in my build.

Looks pretty cool. I barely got a T line in this sucker....lol. If it weren't for an array of wood tools it wouldn't be....in a 12" anyway

Its not that I'm not creative its just function over fashion for me mostly. Long as its clean but I will build upon the theme as I go.

so damn cold I cant bend wires...wtf  santa.gif

Holiday hussle has me creepin along but Ill get on it.

Are you military? I'm a crew chief on kc-135s I thought I recognized those hose clamps lol

Great build and cleanliness. Really like the foam pod idea, are they hollow or do you remove the foam? Can you please explain alittle more?

Thanks

Just dig the foam out when cured.

Smoothfoam.com for the balls

Started Big 3 to kick off a battery top from TM.....so just some temp runs and connections til I square it away.

Gonna switch up the pods a little.

Finally making headway on adapters for the doors except they will be thicker for speaker depth.

They just ended up being round because of how much mounting flange I wanted.

Now to get them here and see how/if they work.

Are you military? I'm a crew chief on kc-135s I thought I recognized those hose clamps lol

Man, I ignited Cannon AFB on fire when I told my troop to go ahead with hemming a MSgt crew chief up for breaking red. He got all pissed off, called the Wing King out and all kinds of shit. What a mess. That's ok though, he denied and argued and argued. Thank God for dash cams lol.

Man, I ignited Cannon AFB on fire when I told my troop to go ahead with hemming a MSgt crew chief up for breaking red. He got all pissed off, called the Wing King out and all kinds of shit. What a mess. That's ok though, he denied and argued and argued. Thank God for dash cams lol.
I break red a lot lul