Sign in to follow this  
paulgroce

single sub on saz3500d

wondering what sub would sound good on my 3500, I was thinking about a 10 or 12 zv3 but idk

any sub.

your question is very vague

Budget?

okay it's going to go in a 350z so between 10 and 12", I'm going for sound quality but I don't know sub I can safely run daily. my budget is 700 for a single sub

huge amp for a single sub. what kind of electrical back bone do you have to support this 3500D and your wanting to run it at 1 ohm?

lol, I don't know of any "sq" subs that are rated anywhere neer 3500, especially for daily. A sub that sounds good and can handle that power, well there are several. If you had the room, I would do a single 15" evil. You could also try a single 12" xcon as well. Or any other sub of the liking.

I would do a dual 1 ohm Xcon and run it at 2 ohms on that amp. It'd be more efficient than 1 ohm and will provide plenty of power for the Xcon. You don't need 3500 rms.

Fi BTL n2 cause its light weight, putting a heavy sub in your 350z will bog it down alot. 

Fi BTL n2 cause its light weight, putting a heavy sub in your 350z will bog it down alot. 

He is going for more for sound quality. A btl isn't really a sq sub. It sounds good but other sq could be had for less.

He is going for more for sound quality. A btl isn't really a sq sub. It sounds good but other sq could be had for less.

3500 watts isn't sq at all, op just wants a sub that doesn't sound like ass. any of the suggestions would work, assuming the box is built correctly and the install isn't terrible

>

>

3500 watts isn't sq at all, op just wants a sub that doesn't sound like ass. any of the suggestions would work, assuming the box is built correctly and the install isn't terrible

Yea true. That's why I suggested it at 2 ohms with something like the Xcon.

When I bought my BTL N2 I was afraid of the "sound quality", after using Xcons, and Icons. But all I can say is that they sound really good and can play all the notes quite well. Finally I was not disappointed , in no way.
I love the light weight and the sound of that sub. It's not an Xcon, I find it less flat, but it's still musical, not like a Soundstream XXX (we can buy them locally) or other purely spl subs.

In the 350Z, it can be a good choice with that amp : just turn the gain down a bit, the sub don't need that much power.

and build a low tuned box with enough volume :)