Sign in to follow this  
NicSmoove

Question about a setup for a BL15

What's up FI world?! I'm new to the subs and I'm planning on popping my cherry with a BL15(Dual2, cooling, daily, universal) that I'm ordering tomorrow for every day use. Any suggestions on hyper pole vs cooling or both(yes I've watched the videos and read the description, just want some advice) before I order and I need some advice on a setup. I have two brand new hifonics amps(not sure how much love they get on here) one BRE2000.1D and a BRZ2100.1D. I have a 4 gauge kicker wiring kit and it's going in a 2007 Dodge Charger with stock alternator and one battery. Should I use one of the Hifonics amps and the 4 gauge kit or go in another direction. Had it on my STRK122 and it sounded great! I'll be building a new ported box for it too since the Stroker was the last sub I had. Thanks in advance for the advice and if I left anything out just let me know!

Edited by NicSmoove

never seen this topic till now.

i would go with the cooling option,

and the BRZ2100.1D if you already own it..  but if your shopping then i would look into something else,

also i would suggest running a 0 gauge to the rear. if you already own the 4 gauge run then i would add another,  making 2 runs of 4 gauge,  or sell it to a friend and buy a 0  gauge run

dont forget to do the big three,

did i miss anything?

Appreciate that! I ordered it last week and did go with the cooling option and I do own the BRZ it was ordered for a customer that never came and picked it up so I have it laying here. The same goes with the 4 gauge wiring kit. So I'll definitely call my guy and get the 0 gauge sent over. So do you have any suggestions on an amp that will really make this thing rumble? Like I said I've always had good luck running HiFonics on my subs but I know there's always bigger and better amps out there and people that have experienced with a lot of them and find the ones that click! And as for the big three yes that's been done, just still have the stock battery and alternator. Thanks again for your reply!

Appreciate that! I ordered it last week and did go with the cooling option and I do own the BRZ it was ordered for a customer that never came and picked it up so I have it laying here. The same goes with the 4 gauge wiring kit. So I'll definitely call my guy and get the 0 gauge sent over. So do you have any suggestions on an amp that will really make this thing rumble? Like I said I've always had good luck running HiFonics on my subs but I know there's always bigger and better amps out there and people that have experienced with a lot of them and find the ones that click! And as for the big three yes that's been done, just still have the stock battery and alternator. Thanks again for your reply!

Crescendo/Sundown makes top notch amps 

Good looking out man! I think I'm gonna shelf the Brutus Elite and go with the Crescendo Audio BC2000D any thought on this amp?

did you get a dual 2 ohm ?

do you plan to add a sub later down the road or no>?

Yeah I went with the 2 ohm universal. It's possible I might add another one sometime in the future. I'm just trying to get away from the mainstream stuff and want to get this one in and see what it sounds like before I move onto a bigger and badder setup. From the reviews I've seen on here I should be more than happy though :)

A friend of mine just picked up this amp and he is very happy with it, as well as some people in a car audio group run Crescendo and love em. So if that's what your looking to get, I'd say do it.

Sign in to follow this