Sign in to follow this  
grumby13

faint noise

im very new to car audio.

my problem lies with when my volume of the HU is all the way to zero and i go to my subs there is a faint noise its hard to explain well it's kinda like a hum or a buzz but very quite i tried the ground loop fix by grounding my rca's to the HU and that helped a bit since the noise was louder before and that got rid of it then i found a better bolt for my amp ground so it was more secure and that did not help. so idk what could be the problem.

my setup with the problem

HU: pioner DEH x3500ui

subwoofer: one kenwood kfc w3013ps other sub is unknown i was told from the seller it was an older kenwood but im thinking it is a home thearter subwoofer.

AMP: Kenwood x1200m refurb from ebay. the power and ground wires for the amp is 8 awg.

Vehicle: 2000 toyota camry le

anything else you need to know let me know

Have you tried taking the ground wire going from the harness off the headunit and just grounding to bare metal? That helps a lot I heard. Also if you have a line driver and be careful when you use it and lower the gain on your amp to compensate that eliminates a lot of noise because it helped when I had my own noise problems. Hope this helps!

line driver???