If you want to reduce light dimming get another car battery remember the more amp hours the more reserve of the battery. for instance i have 2 batteries 55 ah a peice. they ran my GCONs @1ohm on 1500w and my lights didnt dim at all and i have a 130 amp alternator. also powering a 400.4 for my mids and highs. Sooo the solution to your problem could happen to be another battery.

I will take that Link later today and about the battery Im told alot the stock alt and battery can handle the two 12's and possible more without light dimming just with a proper ground for the amp

Edited by grumby13

what size battery do u have in the vehicle currently? your stock alt is only there to power your gehocle and MAYBE a little something else. it wasn't made to handle 100A withdraw from an amp, especially since your alt is only 90a. you NEED a larger alternator.

It takes power to make power, and lots of people just don't understand this fact.

I Have a stock battery

Not all stock batteries are created equal. 1 vehicle could have 900 CCA And another could have a 400 cca. just making a point but you see where I'm getting at? you also understand that your amplifier is pulling roughly 100 amps and your alternator is only 90 amps. do you see how the math does not work out?

Yeah the amo is 90 and the alternator has 90 Amps after the 40 Amps taken To power all the other components

by that calculator or tool im doing about 1.17volt drop and if i upgrade my wire to 4 gauge i will have a v drop of .475 which looks alot better then 1.17 but it's off the stock battery wiring so i still don't understand how upgrading the wires improves the drop so looks like i have some research to do ahead of me so i will look up some prices that i like im looking for im looking for a bundle of 50' red wire and 50' black wire so it will be easier for me to tell the ground and the power apart. but is there an adapter that i can use zero gauge to 4 gauge because then that would put my v drop down to .2 which i will be really happy if anyone knows of good prices of the cable and adpater that would be great im looking to spend a max of $100 for all

It will save you the trouble of the math if you just go buy another battery. I understand you may have heard a stock bat and alt can power 2 12's but. that also depends on the amp size not the size of the driver. yes a good ground can help but it wont do much. if you were to get another battery and run +/+ and Ground to ground youd be in parallel. making it still a 12v system but maybe uping your voltage rating to like 13.2 or so. depending on the amperage of the front battery aswell. basically what we all are trying to tell you is it is going to be a lot less hassle to just get another battery or alternator. whichever your poison. batteries are gonna be cheeper though. most of the time a car is either gonna need 1 upgraded battery up front and no extras or 2 batteries with a stock alternator. i ran 1000w on 1 55ah battery and stock 130a alternator. what a lot of people cant grasp is that your battery is just a reserve that lets your car be able to start and also work without running. like a normal battery. Your alternator is what runs EVERYTHING. having 2 batteries would be like having 1 big reserve yes it will help with the dimming effect but your alt is still gonna run everything your car doesn't just run off the battery(s) that are in it.

Once the car is running you are on the altrnator voltage. So if your alternator cant keep up the lights will dim. Even with a larger alt. you may get flickering lights 

because it takes a split second for the voltage regulator to react.

so like i have been telling you thia whole time, get a bigger alternator. a bigger battery isnt going to cut it because your alternator is too small and your amp will still drain all of tye reserve capacity from the battery no matter how big tye battery is.

listen to the information a couple of us are trying to give you. it WILL fix your problem.

but a second battery would make the light dimming worse if you are using a upgraded alternator due to the fact it would mean you are charging another battery which in fact would mean that it will take longer for the batteries to recharge if there is more strain on the system. so it would mean upgrading the big 3 would help lower the drop a little and the amp power and ground would help drop it as well but in all essence upgrading the alternator would be the biggest improvement to helping the light dimming. so if the lights are dimming and you have an adequate alternator that can power it then that means you would have to improve your ground wire since the wire or contact can all ground so much power before the ground would be having a hard time keeping up with it

Edited by grumby13

so does anyone know where i can take the alternator i have and revamp it to where it has a higher output then stock but still in the stock housing

buy HID kit and ur lights wont dim at all

i would love that but i don't want to blind other drivers. but i might soon since it would be a cheaper alternative to fixing or hiding the problem i was thinking about replacing some stock interior lights with led's so it would be a bit brighter and look nice.

i was thinking about angel eye headlights

Edited by grumby13

if your limited on power there are several alternatives to increase output. like reducing noise floor and rattles. also, you could run less power to larger subs or simply add more subs. 

Edited by lithium

so does anyone know where i can take the alternator i have and revamp it to where it has a higher output then stock but still in the stock housing

there are many companies out there that build larger amperage alternators that retain the factory case. look into Singer, Mechman, DC Power, Ohio Gen and Excessive Amperage.

I know mechman is out of My price range but would like To make the 130a To about 180 or higher just want To know what campanies do it so i can get a rough idea of the prices and maybe see what would be cheaper.

i think im okay on power but i want some head room for when i upgrade in the future.

Edited by grumby13

email the company's I listed above and see what they can do for you.

Those alt prices are a bit high for me so I guess I will go with upping the stock alt

Its really simple actually, I ran way more power than you and managed to get rid of my dimming. First get one of these http://www.remybattery.com/deka-intimidator/9a34m-ct-agm-battery.aspx then get yourself some 1/0 welding wire and run the wire from your stock front battery to the agm to the back. I suggest welding wire cause most of the time its cheaper but the only drawback is its less flexible. Next from your back battery to your amp you can run 4 gauge because  the run will be very short. Invest in a volt meter and just monitor your voltage especially when hammering it on idle. Its a bit of an investment but if you are serious about this hobby it is well worth it.

For right now I Wang To use 1 battery but in the future maybe a year or so i will be building out a very good To a great setup I also Have To check what battery size i can go up To since the one i Have is I believe a 24f class and it has some movement but hard To vet the positive from the starter To stretch enough To the positive on the battery

Edited by grumby13