when you mean upgrade all the other wires you mean the amp wires could running 8awg for amp power and ground deter the extra power from getting through it

You have a 1,200 watt amp. Larger wire is definitely advised. 

what is the max wattage an 8 awg wire can allow through it's self

what is a really good price for 4ga wire and what companies should i not look at or think about

i have plenty of rca's and remote wire. i just took a peak on ebay and they have 25' for $18 but i don't know the company so idk if it is anygood

would it be okay if i went to 2 gauge or 0 gauge becauase in the future i plan to upgrade

is cadence wire any good

Edited by grumby13

You can go as big as you like. Better a bit extra than not enough. Look for some good OFC wire.

ofc????

Oxygen Free Copper

thanks

looks like 4gauge is the max my amp can do so looks like i will be sticking with that till i get to the point that i build a proper system to my liking.

looks like 4gauge is the max my amp can do so looks like i will be sticking with that till i get to the point that i build a proper system to my liking.

I used These But you can also trim the end of the 1/0 gauge wire to fit into your amplifiers slot

I used These But you can also trim the end of the 1/0 gauge wire to fit into your amplifiers slot

Those come in handy sometimes. That is a good option if you did want to go ahead with 0 gauge.

Im puzzles how does a thicker gauge wire help light dimming since If it is dimming in the first place then the thicker gauge would do nothing

So if the lights are dimming wouldnt you want To get a better alternator To suffice enough amount of amperage of the system

Edited by grumby13

Im puzzles how does a thicker gauge wire help light dimming since If it is dimming in the first place then the thicker gauge would do nothing

So if the lights are dimming wouldnt you want To get a better alternator To suffice enough amount of amperage of the system

bigger wire allows a higher current to pass through, kinda like if you have a hose, a regular hose you might have low water pressure, but get a hose half the size of that, and the pressure will increase.  The bigger it is, the more water (power) can pass through.  Other people here I'm sure can give a better example and reasoning than me, but hope that kinda gets the point across. 

Edited by DanP

i know that point but does not make sense on how it can improve or lower the light dimming without any other upgrades

When you starve your amp for power by having too small of wire it will effect your entire electrical system. Larger wire, some good SOLID grounds and good connections will improve your issue. The more resistance you have in your power wire the harder it is for voltage to push the current along the outside of the strands putting strain on your amp, and hindering the ability for the current to be delivered upon demand. For a garden hose reference, it would be like kinking the line and slowing the water down.

buy the looks of it i need 2 gauge wire but then find an adapter that can fit my x1200m amp power and ground terminals.

but for power i need 2 gauge and for ground i need 4 and i hear it is not a good thing to have different power and ground wire sizes.

and now to find a cheap either a set of power and ground wires. well not to cheap but something cheap but very good quality. so what is a good company to go with i hear cadence is good and cheap but i want something that will last. my friend has 4 gauge power and ground wire when he switched from 2 12's to a single 12 his lights still dim even with the same amp just different subwoofers

Edited by grumby13

So can someone explain To me how thicker gauge will help reduce light dimming

Electrical upgrades may be needed.

I know My alternator has 90 amps of charging after the 40 amps taken To fun all the other eléctricamente components the stock alternator was 80 and I replaced it with a 2003 toyota highlander alternator which produces 130 Amps

So can someone explain To me how thicker gauge will help reduce light dimming

easy to understand tutorial here,  see the "Loss of Power Output"

Edited by lithium

buy the looks of it i need 2 gauge wire but then find an adapter that can fit my x1200m amp power and ground terminals.

but for power i need 2 gauge and for ground i need 4 and i hear it is not a good thing to have different power and ground wire sizes.

and now to find a cheap either a set of power and ground wires. well not to cheap but something cheap but very good quality. so what is a good company to go with i hear cadence is good and cheap but i want something that will last. my friend has 4 gauge power and ground wire when he switched from 2 12's to a single 12 his lights still dim even with the same amp just different subwoofers

this isn't rocket science.

get a roll of 0 gauge and run your power to the trunk.

use extra 0 gauge to do big 3. 

get a distroblock and split the 0 gauge down to 4/8 gauge for any amps and ground to match

ya maybe 0 gauge is over kill but if you decide to add more power later your already good to go.

cadence wire is fine, i've used it. 

there's plenty of reasons why your friend's having dimming issues after switch subs. check out bcae1.com and educated yourself a bit.