Elrey7698

How much should i sell it for?

Im tired of my setup so i sold my 4 15's but now im stuck with the box..so im really looking for some advice on how much should i sell my box for..

Specs: 4 15's, 15ft^3 tuned to 35hz via a 45"x4.5" port. The overall dimensions are 48" wide x 25" tall x 34" deep. The entire thing is double layered, except for the bottom..its bare mdf on the outside but the whole inside is coated in fiberglass resin..

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd509/Elrey7698/de7c216c.jpg

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd509/Elrey7698/fe895540.jpg

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd509/Elrey7698/abd78364.jpg

200 bucks. I had a wall box for 4 15s and just wanted it gone fast and got 100 within like first couple days on cl.

200 bucks. I had a wall box for 4 15s and just wanted it gone fast and got 100 within like first couple days on cl.

Yeah kinda what i figured...atleast im breaking even..ill post it right now for $240 and probably get $180-$200

Yeah kinda what i figured...atleast im breaking even..ill post it right now for $240 and probably get $180-$200

Yeah man it will be hit or miss. If you can find someone that could really use it you will be able to sell it easily. It is just hard to find someone that really needs something like that.

Yeah man it will be hit or miss. If you can find someone that could really use it you will be able to sell it easily. It is just hard to find someone that really needs something like that.

Plus most people that understand that box or have the desire to have a box like that would rather build it on there own. When re-selling online list EVERYTHING about the box. You have a good start but I would list exact cutout diameters, port length, etc.

The overall dimensions are 48" wide x 25" tall x 34" deep. The entire thing is double layered, except for the bottom..its bare mdf on the outside but the whole inside is coated in fiberglass resin..

Being that you've weakened it with resin I wouldn't recommend anyone I know even pay for it. See your local CL. That is what you'll get.

The overall dimensions are 48" wide x 25" tall x 34" deep. The entire thing is double layered, except for the bottom..its bare mdf on the outside but the whole inside is coated in fiberglass resin..

Being that you've weakened it with resin I wouldn't recommend anyone I know even pay for it. See your local CL. That is what you'll get.

So would you recommend any type of coatings for the interior of an enclosure?

Why do you feel that the resin has made it weaker?

Can you explain more why your opinion is this way?

I would like more detail about this.

Educating minds await

in my opinion.. it goes both ways..  Unless it's been tested, resin coating makes the inside non-porous and smooth which excels on the meter but at the same time, has damped the material since mdf is not liquid resistant and a material like Birch is far more resistant to let's say water than MDF is.

in my opinion.. it goes both ways..  Unless it's been tested, resin coating makes the inside non-porous and smooth which excels on the meter but at the same time, has damped the material since mdf is not liquid resistant and a material like Birch is far more resistant to let's say water than MDF is.

So by what you stated it would be better to use birch due to its resistance to water than the MDF.

Would coating with a Polyurithane be better than a resin coating?

depends on your area...the way it looks no one will buy around my part.