PHATBOi

Fi Q Motor Question

I am considering a trade for 2 doublestack Fi Q motors. I was planning to build the motors into D2 12's to run off my 2 VVME INNO-D1500's (AP15001D clones) strapped at 2 ohms for around 2.2-2.4K clean power to the pair. Just found out from the current owner one motor is fully loaded and the other is not. How much of a difference is this going to make. Thanks.

I could be wrong, but as long as the motors are the same they should get along fine (2 slugs).

They're within 1% of each other..they'll be fine.

The one with the cooling channels in the top plate is missing the bp power plug..it looks like they knocked it off of there for one reason or another which kind of sucks because it cools significantly better :)

The one with the cooling channels in the top plate is missing the bp power plug..it looks like they knocked it off of there for one reason or another which kind of sucks because it cools significantly better smile.png

Thank you. So, I can just order the Q recone kits off of ficaraudio.com and they will work with both motors? Also, do the recone kits come with ca glue and everything need? Thanks again! I was worried about running them together.

Edit: I see where the glue has to be ordered seperate now.

One more question, wouldn't the bp plug missing actually help the motors be more alike?

Edited by PHATBOi

Yeah they will be more alike..just kinda stinks it isn't there now.

Found a matching motor for the non loaded one. I will be selling the one with the cooling slots in order to purchase this one. It is one of the motors from a set of 18" Q's that SSA Brian The CEO had in his EK Hatch way back.

20130311_201537_zps11ddf3d5.jpg

Edited by PHATBOi

Don't do that..that's a D1 motor, the D2 coil will NOT fit.

Well shit. Would a 1.4 coil fit?

No. You are taking about a coil with a DC resistance of 1.4, that is a D2 impedance coil.

O I C, was always a little confused about that.

Well both NDMstang65 and David from PSI have given the go ahead to run the regular motor and the one with the cooling slots together. So it looks like thats what I'm gonna do.

Should be fine to use D1 coils in a D2 motor since the gap is wider correct? Picked up a GP3000D-PRO today and will be powering these at 1 ohm now. Thanks.

Yes. D1 coils will fit in a D2 motor just fine.

The one with the cooling channels in the top plate is missing the bp power plug..it looks like they knocked it off of there for one reason or another which kind of sucks because it cools significantly better smile.png

So the compression plug does a great deal of cooling?  Could you possibly machine a couple of these for my Qs?