Dmillz224

Fi SSD 10" lead wire

I have 2 fi ssd 10's bought them 6 years ago had them installed for about 5 months, then sold my car. I finally reinstalled them about 6 weeks ago, and for the first time put them in a box that would really let em shine. Well the lead wire ripped off on both subs, the positive terminal on both was severed. But on one sub the entire speaker terminal housing was completely ripped off! I've tried to email fi, but got no response. These subs have barely been used and now they're broken. What can be done?

I have 2 fi ssd 10's bought them 6 years ago had them installed for about 5 months, then sold my car. I finally reinstalled them about 6 weeks ago, and for the first time put them in a box that would really let em shine. Well the lead wire ripped off on both subs, the positive terminal on both was severed. But on one sub the entire speaker terminal housing was completely ripped off! I've tried to email fi, but got no response. These subs have barely been used and now they're broken. What can be done?

Pics? What are the specs of your enclosure? What amp?

I have a fosgate power t1001 rated @1500 watts @ 1 ohm. The enclosure is 1.25 per sub tuned @33 hz. The shop that built my box has the subs right now so no pics, he's testing the impedance to make sure the coils are good.

Subsonic filter issue..soft part assembly moved too far and snapped the leads.

Can it be fixed? How can I prevent this from happening again? They sounded so sweet for the few weeks I had them.

Turn your subsonic filter up, or don't play any songs that go more then 2-3hz below tuning.

What about fixing this? Will fi repair it? I bought these things march 12 2007, exactly six years to the day. But they have barely been used, I would say less than 45 hours total.

What about fixing this? Will fi repair it? I bought these things march 12 2007, exactly six years to the day. But they have barely been used, I would say less than 45 hours total.

No, even if you had just purchased them they wouldn't be covered. This type of damage is from improper use.

So how did I use them improperly? I used the box specs recommended by FI, using less than recommended power, I'm not using these for spl comps or anything, it's just a daily sub. Is it possible my amp may be clipping, my voltage is definitely lower than optimal, head lights dimming. I find it hard to believe that these things just can't handle the excursion. I will post pics later today or tomorrow. One of the speaker terminals is just hanging there!

Does your amplifier have a subsonic filter? Is it on? where is it set?

You played below tuning and bottomed out the woofer.

really its an easy fix. No need to recone the woofer. Just reattach the wire

really its an easy fix. No need to recone the woofer. Just reattach the wire

So could there be more damage then just the leads?

It doesn't matter how much play hours it has, you abused the subwoofer, taking it past the excursion limits, that's why the leads broke.(or playing it at the limit for a while)

Remember the RF's ssf isn't adjustable.

You could use the SSF on the headunit or put a inline subsonic filter.

The sub sonic filter is preset at 28hz for that amp.