Sign in to follow this  
rhconcepts

Need input on a box for 1 15" DP

I have a basic plan for this box and would like some feedback on the port size and box size.

Here is what I have so far,

inside 17" x 17" x 30" = 5 cubes - .22 for sub and - .78 for the 8" port im thinking the port will be around 22" << does that sound right? should the box be bigger or smaller and is a 8" port the right size ?

and what if I did a 6" port with the same box, what would that do? Im looking to get the most spl I can at 32hz on this one.

Thanks for your input guys

34 views and no one has any input for me ? Please guys any input would be good right now

You need a lot more port area.

10" aero MINIMUM.

95 square inches minimum for a slot port.

What kind of power are you going to be running?

1500 watts everyday and 1600-1700 for burps. They said 4 cubes should be 55 square inches for average. 10" sounds way to big but im no pro at making boxes. What would be different from the 8" to 6" because I cant find any 8" pvc around here unless I buy 10' of it.. I hear the bigger the port the more it will peak and smaller port will play flatter, is that right?

Death Penalty Series 15 Sealed Not Recommended Ported 3.0 cubes - 5.0 cubes, 36 - 80 Inches of Port, 32-37 Hz Average: 4.0 cubes, 55 inches, 32-37 Hz

Wow no help at all? this must be over everyone's head. 

Well I made the box 4.3 cu with a 6" port tuned to 32 and it peaked at 45hz. With 1500w it did a 146 @ 45hz

So now Im adding a 8" port and the inside space is going down a bit more and im tuning once again at 32hz to see what it does.

I will update this next week when I get on the meter.

Well I made the box 4.3 cu with a 6" port tuned to 32 and it peaked at 45hz. With 1500w it did a 146 @ 45hz

So now Im adding a 8" port and the inside space is going down a bit more and im tuning once again at 32hz to see what it does.

no clue on the actual topic but possibly not getting help cuz of the way you ask... maybe you're in a rush cuz you're doing this for someone else but a bit more on the courteous side might help.... I saw your second post as rather d1ck-ish and maybe others did too.... ehh.gif

no clue on the actual topic but possibly not getting help cuz of the way you ask... maybe you're in a rush cuz you're doing this for someone else but a bit more on the courteous side might help.... I saw your second post as rather d1ck-ish and maybe others did too.... ehh.gif

So between his first post and second post, it was 8 hours and 34 views.  Then after he got a response (the next morning, mind you), he waits and posts the next day (March 14th) then posts almost a month to the day after no response, and he's the dick? rolleyes.gif

OP, just FYI, this subforum is REALLLY slow.  This is from my own experience with Incriminator over the last 5+ years, if you have a question such as this one, call them.  95% of the time, their email response is slow as hell (if at all), and this forum just doesn't get the attention it used to.  Nick and the gang are really helpful, at least they always have been when I've called.