Sign in to follow this  
ncc74656

SP4/BL 18" box

I own a BL and am buying an SP4. will this box design work perfectly for the SP4 and well enough for the BL? did i screw up on anything?  at the bottom of my port i have bracing crossing it, will this be an issue? should the port be fully open down to the bottom of the box?  i could not find any great info on port area for the SP4 so im sitting a bit over the 16 multiplier right now. i was thinking of adding a bit of that fluff to the box to make the sub feel it was in an enclosure closer to 8 cubic; is this a good idea?

im going for SQ at high volume, or at least as much SQ as the SP4 can give me.

what should i change, all opinions welcome. thank you.

http://imgur.com/a/JJ7XV#0

^ box design and maths

most people seem to ask about electric so ill throw it out there. i run a factory alternator with factory battery banks. all 00ga connections between my 2 2600ca semi batteries, 4ga grounds to body and 0 ga to frame and block. the factory alternator puts out 230A @ 2100RPM. currently i have no issue with the ZX1500.1 but dont now what to expect with a BC3500@.5 ohm, guess ill find out.

Edited by ncc74656

sooo, does this box have the proper port area and build? is the sub placement in the middle alright or should it be lower down on the face?

here is a build that i think is my final for my SP4 18"

at a 33hz tuning and using single walled 3/4" MDF with a double baffle i dont think i need any more bracing, do i?

uRMqrJJ.jpg

Specs should be ok. I can't tell how far the bracing starts but you'll need atleast 12" to clear the motor.

What diameter is the rod?

1" rod

i have factored in the sub mount depth

Ok just making sure. When I swapped in the sp4 from the q I found out I didn't lol. On my phone its hard to make out the dimensions.

You may need a small brace in the port but other than that looks solid to me.

ill add a couple more braces to the sides of the port and call it a day. i am thinking of creating slots to hold the port in the walls. i ordered my sub on the 11th and was told 20 days to completion so im eager to receive a shipped email.

Sign in to follow this