Dexter Chaos

Sub Choices along with everything else when buying new products help

I am going to purchase some  FI subs.  I am looking at 2 15's. I have been looking at the Sp415's but have been seeing alot of people have been going with the BL series.  Now the BL N series is the neo mags which increase the cost. this is for my daily driver. I like my music loud.

Here is some back story to where I am at. I went to a shop that took good care of me 10 years ago  but all they wanted to sell me was JL audio. I think that is great equipment. Just not wanting to follow the heard. He sold me an alpine HD-137BT Head unit, 4 gauge amp wiring kit, JL 500/1, Arc Audio ARC 12d4 sub in sealed  1.25 cuft box. I have added polyfill, and had to turn up bass boost to get sub where I felt like I enjoyed it. Now I have turned bass boost down due sub noise during long low notes. My original thought was to go with 3 arc subs on a 1200.1 arc amp. However I will not be able to build the correct box and still be able to keep radius to fit those subs. SOOOO on to two subs and why I am I want the 15's.

Can everyone chime in and explain what I would expect to hear in differences between these two models either the BL or the SP415's??????

As far as amp I am looking at the cresendo or sundown with power between  3500 or 5500 models???

I will be building my own enclosure by looking at the requirements for these subs It will need to be between 6-8 cuft??? depending on when I size trunk to what I can fit realistically. trunk opening is 34 inches x 15.5 inches and trunk depth is around 40 inches.

This will be my first ported enclosure so port dimensions with getting it to the correct frequency have me confuse to what I need per factory specificaitons?????

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been leaning towards the SP415's but after looking at cost I could save quiet a bit if I go with the BL's. Just let me know your imput will be greatly appreciated.

I will make these fully loaded which ever one I choose. FYI

im confused, 

are you talking about the BTL N series.. or the BL... the BL does not offer a neo motor.

BL sub  not neo unless somone can change my mind thats why I am asking these ??????

??????

You ask questions with no information on what or why you want to do something. What you ask will lead you down the wrong path. ALWAYS start with a description of your goals, budget, potential box size, etc. Helps to type in sentences and English that is easy to read. All the ???? just makes you look lost and makes no one want to respond, this is compounded by the lack of information you shared.

??????

You ask questions with no information on what or why you want to do something. What you ask will lead you down the wrong path. ALWAYS start with a description of your goals, budget, potential box size, etc. Helps to type in sentences and English that is easy to read. All the ???? just makes you look lost and makes no one want to respond, this is compounded by the lack of information you shared.

I hope this helps.

Goal - can't really say exactly at this point I just want to build a system for my daily driver.

Budget -  unknown, not unlimited

Purchase/System list:

-Alpine HD-137BT

-big 3 upgrade

-2 15's FI either SP415 or the BL(This is why I got on here to get opinions to help with my choice)

-Cresendo either 3500 or 5500 (still to purchase depends on which sub I choose)

-Replace car interior speakers (Need to look at still)

-sound deaden interior of trunk and car(Already purchased just waiting for warmer weather to complete)

-Build box myself

-Battery upgrade

Box size - I have not build it yet waiting on sub choice(This is why I got on here to get opinions to help with my choice) should be between 6-8cuft of space available.

Hopefully this information will help.

I really don't think you will hear a big difference in them. Also you probley wont be able to get the proper box you need to slide in a trunk. (if your thinking 8 cubes can be in there that means its not going to be able to slide in and out) ..if your thinking about a 3500 or 5500 you will NEED to upgrade your electrical with at least a ho alt and huge batt minimum or your going to have to buy new alt/batt anyway cause your stock will die... I think you would be really really suprized with just one of them 15s on maybe 1k+. The box is what is going to be your big difference so DONT cheap out on materials and a good design

There is a BL motor and  BTL motor. The BTL is a Neo Magnet motor. The BL is less power handleing but a standard driver motor. The SP4 i have heard great things about them. They are very loud sub. If you check out swift's build log. he has 3 SP4's ported in his F350. Now the BL is a fantastic sub that can get extremely low if you put it in the right enclosure. it may not have a lot of XMAX but it is a freakin monster. My friend has 1 and i have heard it for myself he has 1 18. and that thing slams and makes his roof and braces slap... but either way each of these subs you have suggested will get fairly loud for a daily driver.

If you're coming from a JL 500/1 and a single 12" Arc sub in a sealed enclosure you sure as hell don't need two 15's to get LOUD in comparison.  Also as already mentioned a pair of 15's in a trunk isn't going to be easy to build and will likely require the enclosure be built in the trunk.  It doesn't sound to me like you have the experience necessary to take on a build of the proportions you're aspiring to and have it come out anywhere near optimal.

That being said, I think you would be VERY happy with a pair of 12" Fi X series subs, SSA GCON's or even some Fi SSD's in a properly designed and built ported enclosure on a 1500 watt amp.  It will be less expensive for the equipment, will be easier to build and implement, and won't require the sheer support in the electrical department and sound deadening that a 3500 or 5500 watt system would require.  It will cost you less money, gain you some experience with doing the building and installation yourself, and still get WAY louder than what you're currently using.

That's just my .02

Goal - can't really say exactly at this point I just want to build a system for my daily driver.

-2 15's FI either SP415 or the BL(This is why I got on here to get opinions to help with my choice)

Goal and "list" don't at all match. Absolutely idiotic to choose power before the box and goals.

And without both of those NO ONE can help you "pick"

the SP4  does  have better low end then the BL.

Goal and "list" don't at all match. Absolutely idiotic to choose power before the box and goals.

And without both of those NO ONE can help you "pick"

So My goal and list do not match ok.

Now you have confused me?

I want to build a car audio system. I do not want to build something that I can walk in off the street pay some guy and in 4 hours its installed. This is my first serious build and all I asked for is some assistance in choosing my equipment. 

So I won't choose my power yet and I will get my box size for you so I quit making bad decisions. Sorry for waisting your time I just wanted some help. 

you will get help just start at step 1 and not step 5

made two mock boxes the first one is 13x34x34 I believe 2 12's would work well in or I would be able to build a box for 1 15.

Go for a single 15" BTL n2 and grab yourself a 2k amp, I have one in a 6cube box with a 8" aeroport and its a hard hitting sub.

What are you trying to achieve??

What are you trying to achieve??

I want loud low tones. At this point I am not planning on competeing. This is just for my DD. I believe from reading i would like a SQL type of system. Don't hold me to that still learning more details on the differences.  Loud vibrating the entire car, moving the cups in there cup holder type of sound.

What vehicle? Sorry if I missed it.