Mike Hutcheson

enclosure question for Q18

Ok I have a 07 Saturn ion I'm going to put in a q18 in the trunk. The box from the cut sheet for a ported box won't fit.... My trunk is 14.7 cf so getting a 7 cf box in there can happen I'm just clueless on how to go about it. My opening is 19x40 Ball parking that. of course there is the angle too... Any tips or ticks to get this built and in there would be very helpful. Also I hope I posted this in the correct spot..

Also I feel havering the sub firing tends the trunk lid would be my best bet

Edited by mrmeatwad

That would be your best best if you had an 18.

Most likely you'll have to build the enclosure inside the trunk. Even then, you might end up choking off the sub. I think your best best is to get a 15 or 2 12s. Local guy ran four SA10's and he was pretty much out of room. 

Ok I have a 07 Saturn ion I'm going to put in a q18 in the trunk. The box from the cut sheet for a ported box won't fit.... My trunk is 14.7 cf so getting a 7 cf box in there can happen I'm just clueless on how to go about it. My opening is 19x40 Ball parking that. of course there is the angle too... Any tips or ticks to get this built and in there would be very helpful. Also I hope I posted this in the correct spot..

Also I feel havering the sub firing tends the trunk lid would be my best bet

a sub that would actually fit in the trunk would be a great place to start.. 

i would recommend IB but it sounds like your going for output.. which is strange since your getting a Q of all subs 

Thanks guys for the replies. I'm going to rethink what I'm going to do. My car is a 5speed family sedan as the guys at work like to say. I bought a double head unit to match factory style a decent ken wood. And I'm replacing all 4 speakers with 6 3/4 infinity kappas. Pretty much when I get this system truly cranked not so much interested in hearing lyrics at that vol. Want it to just st8 up stupid slap.. This isn't going to be my first ever system but since I was kid things have changed a lot . So many choices and options out there, things get very confusing for me lol. Q series seem to a good buy outta all the subs that's why I made that choice. At the end of the day I don't want to waste my money nor do I want to cheat myself. Suggestions are more than welcome.

whatever your poison make sure you give your Q lots of port if your going for SQ. it will get nasty. basically if you can just make its base very large and the sides up high enough to fit into the trunk. i mean if you cant fit it in maybe go sealed. you could probably easily get a 7cu box in that box.