kaydennicholson

Your order # and when shipped

a few weeks ago i was told my recone for my 18 will be going out around the 17th, i think this was before they found out about the shipping issues. 

i wounder, why not make there cones from carbon and just build them in house? i would think this would be far faster, easier, and cheaper than outsourcing such work. the baskets require quite a bit of CNC expense so i can see why those would be done at a facility with the equipment already running.  I wounder what the cost difference is from choosing a local CNC shop vs china?

I have ordered many parts over the years and quite often i have run into a delay because some component is waiting to pass customs or make the trek from china. the JiT business model is a proven one but it would drive me crazy not having my products parts manufactured with in arms reach and i would always want to have a spare or two on hand.

i hate that so much needs to be outsourced but going the other direction, sense we are living in a global economy why in the h*ll are we still di*king around with customs delays? it seems we should embrace this world wide model and try and expedite things vs slow them down.

Unless you plan on paying 4-5 thousand dollars for each speaker that isn't going to happen.

We make as much as we can make here..and import the least we possibly can.

You can't spend 250 grand on a basket die here in the states on top of 150-190 dollars per basket and sell the speaker for 300 bucks.

Zero interest in doing any cones in house, we've got enough headaches as is doing all of our own machine work on all of our steel parts. Doing baskets in house or even in the states is far too labor intensive and is not worth it. We already did it with the 18" 12 spoke baskets a few years ago when we were having supply side issues.

what was the price difference between a local shop building baskets as opposed to over seas? id be curious to know how much of a gap there is in our manufacturing processes vs another country.

while i know it is the case in many situations i have a hard time fathoming how building a part 3000 miles away is cheaper than building one down the street.

what was the price difference between a local shop building baskets as opposed to over seas? id be curious to know how much of a gap there is in our manufacturing processes vs another country.

while i know it is the case in many situations i have a hard time fathoming how building a part 3000 miles away is cheaper than building one down the street.

cause were lazy here and want a lot more money, while the chinese sweatshop workers take what they can get lol

900 to 1000 dollars per basket, for a 10. The bigger the basket, the more material, the more time, the more labor, the more cost. It's not as simple as you think it is by any means.

It's way too expensive, way too much time and labor involved in doing something like that. Die casting is the way to go, even at that point if you do it in the states you are looking at massive tooling costs and massive parts cost per unit to even cover it.

It'd take you 25 years to get your money back on the tooling which is completely not worth it.

Order #2545

Order Status: Awaiting Fulfillment

Order Date: 6th Aug 2013 @ 6:24 PM

Order Total: $394.89 USD

1 x Q12

(D1/D2: Dual 2 Ohm, Cooling: Yes+30, Dust Cap: Blue, P

Chamfer: Yes, High QTS: Yes, Spider: Yes +$5, I Heat Ring: Yes +$20,

Internal Lead: No)

the ficaraudio website still says awaiting fulfilment but fedex says:

9/11/2013  -  Wednesday
7:32 pm
Arrived at FedEx location

HENDERSON, NV
4:03 pm
Picked up

HENDERSON, NV
Estimated delivery :

Tues 9/17/2013

Order #2545

Order Status: Awaiting Fulfillment

Order Date: 6th Aug 2013 @ 6:24 PM

Order Total: $394.89 USD

1 x Q12

(D1/D2: Dual 2 Ohm, Cooling: Yes+30, Dust Cap: Blue, P

Chamfer: Yes, High QTS: Yes, Spider: Yes +$5, I Heat Ring: Yes +$20,

Internal Lead: No)

its now in a city 2 hours 45mins from me scheduled to arrive tommorow adhd.gif

Order # 2620

Order Date:

18th Aug 2013

Order Status:

Awaiting Fulfillment

12" Q

Just wondering if I could get an update if possible. Thanks

Was shipped today. Scheduled delivery date is Friday. So excited. Lol

just got my q12 on the 17th, actual time from order to shipped was 6 weeks. the review so far: sounds accurate at low volume havent turned it up yet, amp gain set on 32volts. i cant wait to see what it can do once i break it in some more and feel comfortable turning it up.

#2596, showed up about 6 days ago from NV to FL. This thing seems even more monstrous and fierce than the first Fi Q I had about 4 years ago. I was also happy to see they hooked me up with the carbon dustcap I requested. Nick did a killer job of making sure I was set on all points, including a last minute add of High QTS, which I forgot to add during the initial order. I'm running this Q sealed in 1.35 net, and even though I haven't turned it up much, it sounds insane, and truly musical.

IMG_0017_zps9cd5d569.jpg 

ordered sept 3, will arrive tomorrow.

ordered sept 3, will arrive tomorrow.

1 month lead time is not bad for a custom made piece of gear..at least in my eyes