Sign in to follow this  
skater041930

Sa 15s

I have a sundown saz 1500d v3, and was hoping to run all sundown equipment soon, so the question is would a 1500d push two sa 15s nice or would they seem ' under powered'. Would most likely have the box be 3.5 cubes each @ 35 hz

That would be plenty for them since they are 600 watts rms each.

It would be fine but I would personally try to squeeze 8 cubes net on 2 15's to really slam the lows. 

Thanks for the replys, I would love to do 8 but I have a grand cherokee now and don't want to loose the back seats. If its possible I would by All means but I had a 18" bl in my old trailblazer and that was at 8 cubes and the whole back was gone. As said I am missing the lows :(

If space is a bit of concern you can run a single 15" setup that has alot of motor force. I suggest a SSA XCON or Fi BL fully loaded in a 6 cube box, having personally owned a Fi BL i was at first skeptical of a single 15 coming from 2 12's but what the BL had in motor force made up for the fact it had less cone area.

If space is a bit of concern you can run a single 15" setup that has alot of motor force. I suggest a SSA XCON or Fi BL fully loaded in a 6 cube box, having personally owned a Fi BL i was at first skeptical of a single 15 coming from 2 12's but what the BL had in motor force made up for the fact it had less cone area.

what are you using as a basis for "motor force"? just curious

I had the fi bl 15 before back in 2010 when they were rated 1000 rms, baught it new fully loaded with the saz 1500dv2. Loved it. But I see now they are rated at 1500 rms. I personally ways give a little more power than they ask for just to make sure they get what they like. I am trying to keep the same amp and electrical and just upgrade the sub and box. I just feel like the new bl that asks for 1500 would like 2k as my last one loved the extra 500 watts

Not really the way it works.....

Thanks for the replys, I would love to do 8 but I have a grand cherokee now and don't want to loose the back seats. If its possible I would by All means but I had a 18" bl in my old trailblazer and that was at 8 cubes and the whole back was gone. As said I am missing the lows sad.png

I have a 02 Laredo, and am running 7.5 Cubes atm, but I could easily fit 8 Cubes without losing my backseat/window visibility 

AT ALL.

I had the fi bl 15 before back in 2010 when they were rated 1000 rms, baught it new fully loaded with the saz 1500dv2. Loved it. But I see now they are rated at 1500 rms. I personally ways give a little more power than they ask for just to make sure they get what they like. I am trying to keep the same amp and electrical and just upgrade the sub and box. I just feel like the new bl that asks for 1500 would like 2k as my last one loved the extra 500 watts

You would never hear a difference between 1500 and 2000 watts. Subs don't need a certain power to "come alive" like most people think. 

AT ALL.

>I had the fi bl 15 before back in 2010 when they were rated 1000 rms, baught it new fully loaded with the saz 1500dv2. Loved it. But I see now they are rated at 1500 rms. I personally ways give a little more power than they ask for just to make sure they get what they like. I am trying to keep the same amp and electrical and just upgrade the sub and box. I just feel like the new bl that asks for 1500 would like 2k as my last one loved the extra 500 watts

You would never hear a difference between 1500 and 2000 watts. Subs don't need a certain power to "come alive" like most people think

This, Go ahead and look at Sencheezys thread of him putting 600 Watts, to a SSA Evil.

what are you using as a basis for "motor force"? just curious

BL*BL/re

I'd get D2s and run .5 daily. In a proper box it should be fine. Granted you cam run more power...