Dexter Chaos

Xcon VS Zcon 2 12"subs

so looking at specs and what little I know , I will loose a bit in Xmax but confused on the rest and what they actually do.  Also save me $100 a sub. Just looking for opinion or any information you can give me thanks.

so looking at specs and what little I know , I will loose a bit in Xmax but confused on the rest and what they actually do.  Also save me $100 a sub. Just looking for opinion or any information you can give me thanks.

you'll be happy with either....  what you powering it with? what size enclosure can you fit???? give us the dirt bro

depends on what you want you use the subwoofer for, how much power, spl, daily etc...

i haven't purchased anything electrical yet. I have ordered enough 1/0 knuconcepts wire for big 3 upgrade and run to rear of car. looking at moving front battery to rear as well. and using xs d3100 batteries probably two. haven't chosen amp until i am sure which sub I will run. just so you know I have been looking at the cresendo bc2000 for power and was thinking of 2 of them. I have attached my box design I made on sketch up. box size 34d*34w*13h with a center slot port. I am definately not 100% on making the port correct length and width for frequency. all advice is appreciated. I am learning as I go.

How do I upload pictures or attachments? This is my daily driver but you never know. but yes daily driver. I would like it to shake the cups in my cup holders.

I use photobucket. Then just copy the pics 'IMG" code and paste it directly to the reply page.

I want to hijack this thread for a quick minute because this is EXACTLY what I am deciding right now. From my understanding, the SPL on the ZCON is 90.7/90.3. The XCON is 86.7 1w/1m. I am a little unsure about this, but correct me if I am wrong. This means that the ZCON has a higher SPL per decibel rating than the XCON (90.7 vs. 86.7). So at 600w of power, the ZCON would have more SPL than the XCON at 600w. 

My question is: Is the difference between a single XCON 12 and a single ZCON 12 noticeable in terms of SPL and loudness? Assuming 600w of power in their optimal ported enclosures.

tryin to load photo hope this works

I don't mind I will get educated from your post

slotportwith2commonwallsCenterslotport_z

Enclosure is always first.  When two things fit in the enclosure you need to determine if the frequency response is what you are looking for.  Generically speaking a more efficient driver will be louder when give the same power and a box that is ideally designed.  Of course, being the enclosure is first you can taper that response based on how you choose to design your box.  The Xcon is a great sub, rocks the piss out of my boat.

Buy my Zcon 12s and my crescendo bc2k ;)

Either sub you pick you will be happy. Also put your port on the side. It'll give the subs more room.