Lschevy

nice sounding 6.5's for under $200

what are some good 6.5's for under $200? I been searching for a while and a lot of people like image dynamics. I heard a set of focal and they sounded amazing. but I don't know the model

coaxial??? component???

I just went out listening to components and fell in love with the focals. Focal is expensive. Prob over budget. I'm sure there is better options

No I didn't. I've seen those talked about alot. I'm sure someone can give there experiences with them

I like Focal and have used them for about a decade. I'm in the process of building a cheap set of bookshelf speakers and was recommend Zaph Audio by M5 and Impious. When purchasing for the bookshelves I also purchased a set of their 5" components. They are really impressive for the price and I will more than likely will be using them in my demo vehicle.

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/car-speaker-kits/zaph|audio-za5-autosound-2-way-pair/

I personally despise the Focals.  Shows you how personal front stage drivers are.

The ID's are a joke as well IMO.  Completely boneriffic recommendations that lead people that way for something that brings nothing extra to the table.  Go listen to some with your ears and tell us why you liked what.  Without that information all you'll get are subjective responses.

The incriminator set on the SSA store sound pretty nice. I'm no SQ guy, but my ears enjoy them.

Yea It is pretty subjective. I've been running a set of Alpine Type R 5.25, model SPR-13S, for a few years now. They beat anything else I've heard in other setups, but I haven't heard a whole lot. I have them running off of a Rockford P500-2, and they get plenty loud and keep with my SSD 18" on 1200 watts with ease.

I definitely like SQ over SPL when it comes to my component sets, and what I have sounds great to me. Of course I always wonder what other speakers are out there that will be better, but it really is so subjective.

i had an oppertunity to listen to the alpines not to long ago..their loud but seems to be lacking the mid bass..what speakers can get loud but reamin clearat the same time? the salesman reccomended some jl's but the were $500

I have two sets of infinity kappas but their coaxial, they crank 75 watts RMS @2ohm Directional tweeter with 3db button on tweeter.. I'm very happy with them

I've played with my IA 6.5 comps a little. I like them a lot already. Great clarity and depth for the price. You could look into CDT as well. I the com626 set a few years ago, again great budget set imo. I believe tantric sounds is doing a presale on the their HD series comps and they'll be in your price range. Taylorfade told me he really likes them so far, and for the price they blow others out of the water. The presale is on caco as far as I know. 

What do you have for power?

i had an oppertunity to listen to the alpines not to long ago..their loud but seems to be lacking the mid bass..what speakers can get loud but reamin clearat the same time? the salesman reccomended some jl's but the were $500

First thing you need to blame the midbass problem is the install. If they are just slapped into the factory locations NOTHING will have any midbass.

what are some good 6.5's for under $200? I been searching for a while and a lot of people like image dynamics. I heard a set of focal and they sounded amazing. but I don't know the model

i cant believe noone has said crescendo......amazing drivers just look in the ssa store

i cant believe noone has said crescendo......amazing drivers just look in the ssa store
Those aren't components and will sound like complete ass without processing. You will also can't effectively pair their bullet tweet with their mid effectively.

if i could squeeze out another 100 bucks will able get some significantly better than the ones in the $200 range?

You have to go audition some

Figure out what you like/dont like as M5 said

I personally like the JBL ms62's 

wow i completely missed the component part

m5 thanks for clearing that up

IMO infinity jbl polk and alpine all make some pretty good component sets for very reasonable

wow i completely missed the component part

m5 thanks for clearing that up

IMO infinity jbl polk and alpine all make some pretty good component sets for very reasonable

And even worse, you responded with Super Tweets for some looking for something "nice sounding", not ear bleeding loud.

it's hard to go out auditioning when all the audio shops have nothing but kicker, Memphis, alpine, and jl. I heard the alpine type r and focal and liked both the alpines were loud but lacked mid bass a little and focals had mid bass and was loud and clear. the guy didn't tell me what model they was though. if I can find a set that comparable to the focals I would go that route. everyone like recommend hertz, ID, jbl, focal, sundown and RE xxx. so I'm pretty sure I will be going with one of those brands.

what was wrong with the Kicker, Alpine, JL, or Memphis?

all these was heard after the focals so that's basically what I compared them to

alpine-lacked mid bass

jl-to much $$$

kicker & Memphis they was ok sounding