Lschevy

nice sounding 6.5's for under $200

Our shop sells a lot of high end components, and reallistically the only way to choose is to hear them. That being said I sell a ton of the Hertz HSK's, Diamond Audio H600s, and my personal favorite the Helix P236's. If the Precisions are out of your range, the Espirit E62C's sound great too.

As several others have stated, I would ditch the idea of speakers in the rear and spend the extra money on better ones for the front.  Also, as others have stated, what sounds great to one may not work for the other.  And...install has a LOT to do with it.  I personally don't think listening to speakers in a shop, on a sound board, is an accurate representation of how a speaker will sound in a car.  Let's face it, cars are not the best environment to try and get great quality sound out of.  It's something many of us strive for.  If you have friends, or can get to a show, try to listen to as many sets in a car/truck as you can.  It may help in your decision.  Good luck!!  Sorry, by the way, I think I saw mention of it earlier.  If you are looking for nice sound, I personally wouldn't purchase any components that have "super tweeters" or pro audio drivers in them.  They may get really loud, but sound like, well....you get the point.

Edited by ParrishElectronics

im not really focused on the rears anymore but i need something back there my kids like to watch tv when we go on trips. But im now willing to spend $400 on my front stage

Head phones and IR repeater

How about JBL components - the MS-62c seem like they may be good.

or DLS ?    I'm also thinking about a decent pair of 6/5" components for front of a C5 corvette.  I dont want to spend a ton of money, just replace factory stuff including HU, put an amp in and maybe an 8" sub.  

i would try some tantric sounds hd  they are on presale for 225.00 and the initial review tested from a forum guru was very impresive . not sure if its against the rules to post a link to another forum so if u google official presale for new HD Series mids and highs .

INFINITY PERFT61  COMPONENT SPEAKERS SYSTEM is the best alternative for this price range . Affordable price and well-known name on the in-car audio market mean that this is an interesting product. However, you only will get two midsize speakers and two tweeters in this package and no crossover controls.So it is clear that Infinity is the product aimed at customers who just want to replace the existing speakers and improve the sound quality a little with tweeters. Of course, since you are getting one mid range and low range 6.5-inch speaker and tweeter, it suggests this set up is for those who want to listen to the music with little more bass sounds.The construction of the speaker is really good and it can withstand loud playing for a long time.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Is that spam?

Not sure, it is on topic....

4 years late though...

Sounds like an advertisement to me.

I make fake accounts on forums to spam my own site.

Edited by Tirefryr
SPAMMER

Your install will make a big difference too on how they sound in your car. Make sure you sound deaden your doors at least. A poor install will make even the best sounding speakers sound bad.