ShagggDiesel

Any experience with the new Fi X series?

My buddy recently ordered a brand new Fi X 15 without the BP option the other day for me as a gift. I plan on putting it in my girlfriends 2 door blazer. Anybody have experience with the new 750 watt RMS models of these subs? She currently has a VVME 1500 watt amp powering 2 old powerbass M-12's. These amps have clamped around 1400 watts at 1 ohm. I know the X is the entry level from Fi, but it should be able to handle a clean 1400 watts, right? Also, Anyone know the best sub/port combo for a blazer? The current setup is subs and port back. I havent tried anything else in there. It's pretty flat down to about 40hz but below that is a steep drop off. I was thinking sub up port back, but I wanted some other input before I start designing. 

those amps put our around 600-700 watts clean,any extra wattage is completely clipped. The enclosure will determine how much power a sub can receive, don't get all caught up in underrated specs. Just because a sub can handle a 1000 watts thermally doesn't mean it can mechanically and vice a verse.